BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #463
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
You're conflating things that aren't equal.
Let's get our terminology straight, because I agree we have choices to our actions.

We're not disagreeing we can walk away, as we all have.

Let me speak metaphorically (I'm not going to go down the path of discussing that if you do not display emotions, you're a psychopath etc.):

I'll pick your mom as she may be the closest human being to you, so your emotions will be more latent towards her.

Say you're walking with her and she falls off a 300ft cliff.

Your first reaction is probably to be scared (what will happen to her? Is she going to be harmed?) and you can't control that.
You may start panting. Or not, that's your choice. You control your actions, not how you feel.

Then you get sad when you see she's dead. You may cry, or not, that's your choice.

Say she is struck by a knife. You will likely be angry at the person who stabs her. You may show your anger, or not... that's your choice.

Say your mom is orgasming from all the pleasure I'm giving her... you'll likely get very happy... you may smile, or not.

Now when you love someone, you don't choose to love them. You may act on getting away from them.

I hope you get the point. Don't get hung up on your mom as example, it's meant as a joke.
You want to smile or laugh. You have a choice.
what the fuck happened to this thread im so confused i literally thought i grasped what you guys meant
then you pull this and back to square 1

i read somewhere, yesterday actually:
"Involuntarily love isn’t love. That’s a chemical reaction in your brain - infatuation. Love is a choice you make. It’s voluntarily, because you have control over your love. You love something or someone by investing time, effort, energy, and attention into them. You consider them valuable enough to be worthy of those things from you. You choose to let them in a little deeper than someone you just casually fuck. You’re still in control. You can just as easily remove them from that coveted place. It’s your choice.

Love is sacrifice. Don’t cheapen love by making it out to be something as pedantic as brain juice."

someone replied with this after someone said enjoying a connection is voluntary and love is involuntary - im getting the vibe you guys dont think as this guy does and Never_Enough does? i kinda have to agree with him, the more you invest in them the more shit can go south - i cant say im free of trust issues though so maybe im not the person to talk too much about this...
But you're making the same point but with a different term.

Let's agree it's not love then, it's infatuation.
Your own text says it's involuntary. Are you guys saying you have control over the involuntary?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #464
________
________
Rep

And women say they're the ones that are fucked up...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #465
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:

Your own text says it's involuntary. Are you guys saying you have control over the involuntary?
I don't think anyone is saying they have control over something involuntary. I think the disconnect is what we all deem voluntary & what we deem involuntary.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #466
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:

I don't think anyone is saying they have control over something involuntary. I think the disconnect is what we all deem voluntary & what we deem involuntary.
I thought you did :
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #467
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I thought you did :
Like I said, we must disagree on what is involuntary then. No biggie, we can agree to disagree. Back to fun dating stories!
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      09-14-2018, 01:37 PM   #468
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I've personally loved someone, but realized that being with them was mentally harmful and had to make the decision to part with them. So in my opinion a relationship with someone is completely voluntary. While parting from someone can be extremely difficult, it is still a voluntary action, just like quitting smoking or going to rehab.

Sneezing is something I would consider to be involuntary.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #469
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Name:  IMG_3162.PNG
Views: 1500
Size:  60.7 KB

truly a gem from yesteryear - friend showed me his friend, thought she was very cute and asked him to send off contact info, said he'd have to ask before randomly giving out her number (sensible). this is what i got.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      09-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #470
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Haven't read the whole thread but I'll share. The worst date that comes to mind:
Met a guy online. Texted for maybe a few days. He seemed great, exactly what I was looking for. We planned to meet for dinner at a restaurant (which I stopped doing after him- coffee only). He shows up late and dripping in sweat as he decided to walk there. He looked nothing like his pics- I almost didn't recognize him. He looked a LOT heavier and older (which I'm not opposed to but I don't like the deception). So we talk and then he gets annoyed that the food hasn't come yet until I remind him that we haven't actually ordered. Turns out he was high even though he wrote on his profile that he doesn't do drugs (he later told me that marijuana doesn't count). After dinner he asked me to drive him home which was awkward. The next day when he asked me for a second date and I declined, he actually got pissed off at me.

Also, for whoever made fun of it, I think mini golf is a great date acitivity! (I'm not sure if I'm a normal girl though as I'm quite competitive.)

Btw for anyone who cares, I upgraded to an m3 a few days ago!!!
Pictures???
      09-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #471
________
________
Rep

Not a date story, but Tinder nonetheless.

So I've been "chatting" with this girl for 2 days, since I created my account and we matched...

The entire conversation was me asking her stuff and getting replies like "No, you?" "Yes, you?"

She had 4 pictures. All of her face. You know that kind of picture that shows who the person is, but can hide well whether you're "chubby" or "humongous "? Yeah, those. I am betting on the latter but even chubby, for it to work, has to be accompanied by this great person (which she is not).

So I tried asking what she had planned for her Friday (I asked the same to other girls, not getting the same response as this treat).
Her reply: "I'm sorry, I only go out on dates when I know the other person, if that's where you're going"

I said "lol, it's ok, but that's not where I was going at all". And left it at that.
Last night she replied saying she felt embarrassed.

At this point, since she had an unique first name, I was able to find her on Facebook.

Later last night she said "I'm sorry I was checking my Facebook".
I said "so was I".

LOL
So I start creeping her out, by saying stuff to her that I shouldn't know. Like her birthday.
She asks me how I know, I reply "it's easy, when I typed in your phone number on the internet it gives me everything, your address and stuff. May I ring the bell or am I waking somebody up in your house?"

She goes "how do you have my phone number?"

I say "there's a lot out there, I'm not going to talk about your speeding ticket because we've all been there"

She said she was single and had no kids. Her cover photo was of a guy water skiing.
There was a dude commenting "way to go Tyrelle first water ski"

Then I ask her "hey who's Tyrelle?"

At this point she freaks out...

- How do you know Tyrelle?

- You mentioned you were single and had no kids, so I assumed he was your brother or cousin

- "I have no reason to lie"

- I didn't say you lied, did I?

- how do you know Tyrelle?

Then I proceed to visit said commenting man's profile. His cover photo is of her and 2 dudes. scrolling, he's proud Tyrelle made the u-16 lacrosse team last year in high school.

- Tyrelle is your 17 yo younger brother

- "now you know his age!"

- "I didn't until now, you just told me"

- "how do you know Tyrelle?"

- "you posted him on Facebook. You have a Facebook account!"

- "I wish you all the best"

So I said "you as well" and then the convo disappeared.

I went to bed at 2:30 during this chat, but man was it worth it lol

I'm doing it everytime now. Especially with cunts. The way I see it, you posted publicly, you should be ok with people knowing it.

I bet she is changing her name (she talked about it) on Tinder now to prevent this. I bet good money she doesn't go out on a Tinder date in at least 2 years.
Appreciate 2
wrickem2101.00
      09-14-2018, 08:20 PM   #472
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:

So I've been "chatting" with this girl for 2 days, since I created my account and we matched...

The entire conversation was me asking her stuff and getting replies like "No, you?" "Yes, you?"

She had 4 pictures. All of her face. You know that kind of picture that shows who the person is, but can hide well whether you're "chubby" or "humongous "? Yeah, those. I am betting on the latter but even chubby, for it to work, has to be accompanied by this great person (which she is not).

So I tried asking what she had planned for her Friday (I asked the same to other girls, not getting the same response as this treat).
Her reply: "I'm sorry, I only go out on dates when I know the other person, if that's where you're going"

I said "lol, it's ok, but that's not where I was going at all". And left it at that.

At this point, since she had an unique first name, I was able to find her on Facebook.

I said "so was I".

LOL
So I start creeping her out, by saying stuff to her that I shouldn't know. Like her birthday.
She asks me how I know, I reply "it's easy, when I typed in your phone number on the internet it gives me everything, your address and stuff. May I ring the bell or am I waking somebody up in your house?"

I say "there's a lot out there, I'm not going to talk about your speeding ticket because we've all been there"

She said she was single and had no kids. Her cover photo was of a guy water skiing.

- You mentioned you were single and had no kids, so I assumed he was your brother or cousin

Then I proceed to visit said commenting man's profile. His cover photo is of her and 2 dudes. scrolling, he's proud Tyrelle made the u-16 lacrosse team last year in high school.

I'm doing it everytime now. Especially with cunts. The way I see it, you posted publicly, you should be ok with people knowing it.

I bet she is changing her name (she talked about it) on Tinder now to prevent this. I bet good money she doesn't go out on a Tinder date in at least 2 years.
Never been on tinder. Does it not give your body type like average, fit or heavy, etc?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #473
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I said "so was I".

LOL

Never been on tinder. Does it not give your body type like average, fit or heavy, etc?
Nope.
You can post pictures (if you want, some people don't even), your first name (could be a fake name, I'm chatting with a "T" right now) and your age (again, could be fake, or you can buy a package to hide it).

That's it. You can type a description but that's also optional.

I believe dating apps and sites that require "body type" will have fatties saying they're "average" (which in North America is true lol)
Appreciate 1
bimmette6452.50
      09-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #474
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I said "so was I".

LOL

I thought you said you had a date, I imagined it was through an app or site. Which one did you use?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #475
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I thought you said you had a date, I imagined it was through an app or site. Which one did you use?
It was Match.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      09-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #476
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I said "so was I".

LOL

It was Match.
Do you have to pay for that one?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #477
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
im actually involved in a startup that is tinder, but with a bit more privacy and a better algorithm to match people instead of being purely pictures based

any comments/concerns/thoughts that we can take into consideration?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #478
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Do you have to pay for that one?
Yup
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      09-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #479
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I've personally loved someone, but realized that being with them was mentally harmful and had to make the decision to part with them. So in my opinion a relationship with someone is completely voluntary. While parting from someone can be extremely difficult, it is still a voluntary action, just like quitting smoking or going to rehab.

Sneezing is something I would consider to be involuntary.
Anyone that says a romantic relationship is involuntary needs help.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #480
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
im actually involved in a startup that is tinder, but with a bit more privacy and a better algorithm to match people instead of being purely pictures based

any comments/concerns/thoughts that we can take into consideration?
So a copy of the celebrity version of Tinder?

Yea, stop the swipe app bs b/c that is ruining society. Create an app that doesn't make the world an even shittier & superficial place...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #481
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It was Match.
Match is a joke. I tried it many years ago & nothing good. I tried it again, against my better judgment, a year or 2 ago.

It was the same bs as the free sites. Lots of fake profiles & so many of the same women from the free sites.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      09-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #482
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
So a copy of the celebrity version of Tinder?

Yea, stop the swipe app bs b/c that is ruining society. Create an app that doesn't make the world an even shittier & superficial place...
i dont want to put out a lot since we secured funding a few days ago, but basically imagine a fusion of a "proper" online dating portal and tinder

i met the dude who's the founder at a networking event a week or two ago - he straight up said "women use tinder for instant gratification" and knew i had to meet him, eventually it turned out that they needed help with introducing the concept to VCs and what not and here we are...
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #483
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I said "so was I".

LOL

Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddd this kind of shit is why I just closed all my online dating accounts. Fuck the shitshow
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      09-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #484
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
N
I believe dating apps and sites that require "body type" will have fatties saying they're "average" (which in North America is true lol)
I love the 5' 1" 250 lbs cunts that put "prefer not to say" for body type. Yea, we don't know you're fat...
Appreciate 2
________4158.50