BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Banning Gun Sales

09-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #45
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
I agree with XJET, your guns aren't going anywhere.

And I'm offended by the remark "The Democrats are evil leftists trying to take your guns". Many of the women in my family are Democrats. None are evil. Y'all know, personally, Democrats like that?
      09-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #46
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Your guns aren't going anywhere and no one is going to take them away. I lean more left, but I also understand that I'd never vote for someone to take away guns. I love shooting guns. I am also in favor of certain guns, types of ammunition, magazines, etc. being more heavily regulated than others. I'm also in favor of additional effective safeguards designed to keep guns out of certain peoples hands. The majority supports that and that will likely happen. What the majority doesn't want is an all out ban on guns and that will never happen. NRA will dissolve eventually and I don't see that as a bad thing at all.
A. The NRA will never go away..count on it.
B. What type of ammunition would you want to ban?
C. What magazines should be banned?

Blood: why do you keep changing your handle?..The board is smarter than you. It ignores you no matter what your current handle..for those of us who have you "ignored"
Appreciate 1
Zugzwang1107.00

09-17-2019, 07:00 PM   #47
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post

And I'm offended by the remark "The Democrats are evil leftists trying to take your guns". Mamy of the women in my family are Democrats. None are evil. Y'all know, personally, Democrats like that?
There is a big difference between a democrat and a leftist. Leftists are a disease. Just as much of a disease as rightism.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:59 PM   #48
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Blood: why do you keep changing your handle?..The board is smarter than you. It ignores you no matter what your current handle..for those of us who have you "ignored"
I think it's kind of like Robert Francis O'Rourke, who thinks that using a different name will appeal to more people.
Appreciate 1
Zugzwang1107.00

09-17-2019, 08:37 PM   #49
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
I think it's kind of like Robert Francis O'Rourke, who thinks that using a different name will appeal to more people.
Make your name and own it. Wash your sheets once you shat the bed. Thats more respectable than leaving a mess behind in exchange for a new nest.

I apologize for my mistakes.

Sorry about my not understanding what being an american is. I dont. I admit it. I thank those for pointing it out as it made me a better person and Im glad i have the ability to get it when im wrong.

Blah
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #50
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Your guns aren't going anywhere and no one is going to take them away. I lean more left, but I also understand that I'd never vote for someone to take away guns. I love shooting guns. I am also in favor of certain guns, types of ammunition, magazines, etc. being more heavily regulated than others. I'm also in favor of additional effective safeguards designed to keep guns out of certain peoples hands. The majority supports that and that will likely happen. What the majority doesn't want is an all out ban on guns and that will never happen. NRA will dissolve eventually and I don't see that as a bad thing at all.
A. The NRA will never go away..count on it.
B. What type of ammunition would you want to ban?
C. What magazines should be banned?

Have you ever changed your username? https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1604673
      09-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #51
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:

And I'm offended by the remark "The Democrats are evil leftists trying to take your guns". Many of the women in my family are Democrats. None are evil. Y'all know, personally, Democrats like that?
Lighten up, fluffy muff.

When people in general use the term "the democrats want to do" or the "the republicans want to eliminate", they typically are referring to the politicians, not the every day citizens of the country. Most know that - but then, you thrive on semantic bullshit, so I suppose we should expect this crap from you.

It is a pretty solid argument that the majority of the current democrat politicians running for president want to eliminate guns from the general public in the United States. Many democrat politicians in the house and senate also feel this way.

This is well established.

I don't believe any of them have plans to send law enforcement to go door to door, but it is well documented that they want to make owning a gun eventually illegal and want to make self defense with a gun very difficult to do without prosecution.

Most gun owners are law abiding citizens, and as such, if guns are illegal - many will turn them in - because, you know - law abiding citizens.
Dave 90TT1563.50

09-18-2019, 09:22 AM   #52
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
There is a big difference between a democrat and a leftist. Leftists are a disease. Just as much of a disease as rightism.
Believing Alex Jones is a disease.

Being left or right is not a disease. Being extreme either way is.
      09-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #53
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Believing Alex Jones is a disease.

Being left or right is not a disease. Being extreme either way is.
CNN is a disease.

You literally just repeated my post. Lol.
Appreciate 2
      09-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #54
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Lighten up, fluffy muff.

When people in general use the term "the democrats want to do" or the "the republicans want to eliminate", they typically are referring to the politicians, not the every day citizens of the country. Most know that - but then, you thrive on semantic bullshit, so I suppose we should expect this crap from you.

It is a pretty solid argument that the majority of the current democrat politicians running for president want to eliminate guns from the general public in the United States. Many democrat politicians in the house and senate also feel this way.

I don't believe any of them have plans to send law enforcement to go door to door, but it is well documented that they want to make owning a gun eventually illegal and want to make self defense with a gun very difficult to do without prosecution.

Most gun owners are law abiding citizens, and as such, if guns are illegal - many will turn them in - because, you know - law abiding citizens.
No muffin cup.
I don't believe the democrats are organized enough to have any plan.

Its funny how you now seem to thrive on name calling. Sad.

We went through 4 years of Obama and a democratic majority in congress and I don't remember them banning guns. A universal background check was not passed due to a Senate filibuster.

I do greatly resent the power of the NRA over the republican party. It's unintelligent,

And I found some new people for Silent to hate, people who have talked about or attempted to compromise with democrats on Background checks. I expect to see new hate memes shortly.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ng-doing-guns/
Toomey, Cornyn, Graham, Alexander, Cruz

An interesting note: Though I don't support banning "assault style" weapons, I wonder how many of these weapons have been used in mass shootings, and how many people have used them in successfully in defending their home........

(the number of dead 2017 to 2019 from assault weapon mass shootings is 150, counting shootings only with 10+ dead).
      09-18-2019, 10:37 AM   #55
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

Have Snowden or Assange exposed these plans? Especially Assange. He had all those emails.........
      09-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #56
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Have Snowden or Assange exposed these plans? Especially Assange. He had all those emails.........
Nope - just the words from the actual democrat politicians running for president.

Kamala Harris:

"If Congress won't act on guns, I will, by executive action"

"We cannot tolerate a society and live in a country with any level of pride when our babies are being slaughtered by those with assault weapons. We must eliminate those from our society"

"I support the further restrictions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms"

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...un_Control.htm

Elizabeth Warren:

"We need to track who owns guns and what purpose they use them for. Guns in the hands of a collector who's had them for decades, who's never fired them, who takes safety seriously, that's very different from guns that are sold and turned over quickly. We can't treat this as an across-the-board problem."

"I have voted YES on banning all guns with magazines of over 10 bullets."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Eli...un_Control.htm

Bernie Sanders:

"I will immediately ban assault weapons as well as high-capacity magazines or equipment that allow more than ten rounds to be fired at once."

"I support passing a law that will allow gun manufacturing companies to be sued if their weapons are used in a murder, death, or suicide."

"We must ban semiautomatic assault weapons, which are designed strictly for killing human beings."

"I don't believe that hunters need assault weapons and AK-47s to kill deer. I voted for the ban on assault weapons."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Ber...un_Control.htm

Beto O`Rourke:

"Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47, you know it's the right thing to do.Ē

"I am opposed to allowing states to recognize concealed carry permits granted from other states."

"Yes, I support universal background checks & banning all assault-style weapons."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Bet...un_Control.htm

Joe Biden:

"I'm the only person that has beaten the NRA nationally. I'm the guy that got the Brady Bill passed."

"I'm also the only guy that got assault weapons banned, and the number of clips in a gun banned."

"Our enemy in this country is the gun manufacturers."

"We should not have let the assault weapons ban lapse."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Joe...un_Control.htm
MKSixer14391.50
scostu1053.50

09-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #57
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Funny how a year ago, the common outcry was 'No one is coming to take your guns, we just want common sense gun control' and now it's flat out 'yes, we are coming to take your guns!'
Delta03117174.00
Run Silent11643.00
MKSixer14391.50

09-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #58
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Funny how a year ago, the common outcry was 'No one is coming to take your guns, we just want common sense gun control' and now it's flat out 'yes, we are coming to take your guns!'
Followed by, "Hell yes we will take 50% of your income, so that people who should not be here in the first place, and those who don't want to work can live comfortably. We will also to make sure to pay for Nicole's students loans for that oh so important gender studies degree she received. Followed by her transition surgery into Nick".
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 4
Run Silent11643.00
Dave 90TT1563.50
MKSixer14391.50
scostu1053.50

09-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #59
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Nope - just the words from the actual democrat politicians running for president.

Kamala Harris:

"If Congress won't act on guns, I will, by executive action"

"We cannot tolerate a society and live in a country with any level of pride when our babies are being slaughtered by those with assault weapons. We must eliminate those from our society"

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Kam...un_Control.htm

Elizabeth Warren:

"We need to track who owns guns and what purpose they use them for. Guns in the hands of a collector who's had them for decades, who's never fired them, who takes safety seriously, that's very different from guns that are sold and turned over quickly. We can't treat this as an across-the-board problem."

"I have voted YES on banning all guns with magazines of over 10 bullets."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Eli...un_Control.htm

Bernie Sanders:

"I will immediately ban assault weapons as well as high-capacity magazines or equipment that allow more than ten rounds to be fired at once."

"I support passing a law that will allow gun manufacturing companies to be sued if their weapons are used in a murder, death, or suicide."

"We must ban semiautomatic assault weapons, which are designed strictly for killing human beings."

"I don't believe that hunters need assault weapons and AK-47s to kill deer. I voted for the ban on assault weapons."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Ber...un_Control.htm

Beto O`Rourke:

"Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47, you know it's the right thing to do.Ē

"I am opposed to allowing states to recognize concealed carry permits granted from other states."

"Yes, I support universal background checks & banning all assault-style weapons."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Bet...un_Control.htm

Joe Biden:

"I'm the only person that has beaten the NRA nationally. I'm the guy that got the Brady Bill passed."

"I'm also the only guy that got assault weapons banned, and the number of clips in a gun banned."

"Our enemy in this country is the gun manufacturers."

"We should not have let the assault weapons ban lapse."

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Joe...un_Control.htm
A few things.
I'm glad I didn't vote for Beto. He is such a reactionary. I think he is jumping on this issue hoping he gets a polling boost. Much like Trump jumping on the anti-abortion bandwagon.

Biden likes the assault gun ban. Fine. I'm still wondering the ratio of mass shooting victims to those saved with assault weapons. Personally I still think a dog is far greater protection than a gun for your home.

Jim Brady was fervently in favor of his Brady bill....do you know why?
I don't know if Biden was the guy who got it passed.

Per Kamala's statement, thank Trump and his border wall for that. With a GOP controlled senate (if not house) none of these democrats could really limit guns the way some might want. Except by executive order. Thanks Donald.

Biden sure has been highly rated by the NRA in the past.

Bernie:
https://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-gun-policy/

You listed this for many of the dems: "I support the further restrictions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms". Did they all say that at the same time?

Also, your site seems to like the fact check sites I do. They even recommend snopes.
      09-19-2019, 04:38 PM   #60
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Aou listed this for many of the dems: "I support the further restrictions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms". Did they all say that at the same time?
It is a question that was included in a survey of all members of the house and senate. Some chose not to answer (Biden), others clicked the "I agree" button when it came to that statement. This is where I got that information from. You can see the details at the bottom of the page in the links.
      09-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #61
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Election cycle coming up. If I could bet my house on anti-gun language being amped up around this time of the cycle, I'd do it every time.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #62
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Attached Images

Appreciate 5
lakefront183.50
Delta03117174.00
Run Silent11643.00
MKSixer14391.50

10-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #63
WestRace
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

I guess the lesson learned here is old people don't like surprises. But another lesson is that dumb a$$es will never learn.

Quote:
A man who traveled from Norway to Florida to surprise his father-in-law was accidentally shot dead by him instead
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/us/fl...rnd/index.html
Appreciate 0