BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > $1 Homes in Italy

03-21-2023, 06:06 AM   #23
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I found learning to speak Italian very rewarding while I lived in Italy.
I still enjoy holidays there and being to speak Italian fairly fluently during my stay.
If you decide at some time to give it a go, it would be worth while to spend some time learning the language before hand.
Not sure, it was for me. I lived in Poland and it was fine. I lived in China, and even there I’d say I seldom encountered a situation where I’d need help to do stuff like banking, shopping, doctor and so forth. Unless unless you’re living in a remote area, you’ll be fine. Just my experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 10:45 AM   #24
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 11:49 AM   #25
Joy15779
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

i m Italian. forget that pics...
BMW M4 F83 Stage 3/4 - Akrapovic Skat DP, NO OPF, eVenturi Intake, Okada Coils, Kratos Turbos EVO, Dodson 1000 Nm Clutch Dct - Mishimoto IC, Water and Oil Coolers - CP Carillo Pistons - Arrow Connecting Rods - Reinforced bearings - Halim Cazimi HCP Software 2.0 bar Turbo - XHPFlashTool for DCT Stage 3+
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 01:30 PM   #26
karcio424
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i xDrive

As some have already mentioned, the issue with these houses is the additional requirements that come with them. Firstly, it's important to note that the €1 price tag is simply a starting point and prospective buyers must submit their bids in a sealed envelope to a designated office, with the highest bidder ultimately securing the purchase. Secondly, these houses are often historical buildings and cannot simply be demolished and rebuilt to the buyer's specifications - repairs and restoration are necessary. Lastly, any work on these properties must be carried out by a certified company, with a recommended or required company often designated by the office. This means that buyers cannot rely on DIY efforts or the help of friends without incurring significant costs. All of these factors can add up to a substantial expense....

When I first heard of it I thought of buying couple kegs of beer and just inviting my brother, but well, it's most of the times impossible.
Appreciate 1
BMW F223540.00