BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 LED Headlights

03-02-2020, 01:16 AM   #1
Mani_P
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 140i

Greetings to all

I have recently bought a 2017 140i. WOW what a car.

I have noticed something that does not quite make sense, or I am doing something wrong...
The car has the BMW LED headlights (non adaptive). Each lens has basically 3 lights, if you know what I mean. The angel eyes and two round lights. I have noticed when driving at night only the outer lights seem to work. This is on both dimmed and bright settings.
Is this normal? The light switch on the inside is on 'Auto' setting.

In addition my rurn signals seem to very dim. The front are LED, the rear indicators are normal bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
Jovan F20
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_P View Post
Greetings to all

I have recently bought a 2017 140i. WOW what a car.

I have noticed something that does not quite make sense, or I am doing something wrong...
The car has the BMW LED headlights (non adaptive). Each lens has basically 3 lights, if you know what I mean. The angel eyes and two round lights. I have noticed when driving at night only the outer lights seem to work. This is on both dimmed and bright settings.
Is this normal? The light switch on the inside is on 'Auto' setting.

In addition my rurn signals seem to very dim. The front are LED, the rear indicators are normal bulbs.
yes, correct. the outer is used for both high and low beam. the inner bit is just plastic, there is no light in the smaller light ring.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 12:45 PM   #3
Njave
Upstairs drinking coffe
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 118d

The outer lights are used for both low and high beam. The interior is just for show on this vehicle.
Appreciate 0