BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Weird problem with Lenovo

01-26-2024, 03:39 PM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

Weird problem with Lenovo

Guy's weird problem,
I don't think I've had this issue before, so help

1 x Lenovo X200 , win10, with Ista 500gb SDD

Works a treat till the CMOS battery failed and I think that is when my problems started, I replaced the CMOS and all seemed well.

Now, I also try and keep spare images so I can swap them over in case of an issue.

The LT came already with ISTA installed (mates old laptop) on 250gb HDD,
I imaged that onto a 250gb SDD (worked) and stored the HDD
Then I upgraded/reinstalled Ista for my 2 series and I I either installed in on the 250 and then imaged it to a 500gb SDD.

NOW, I'm trying to look for my old backup for ista, and thought it might be on one of the older disks

I can't boot up ANY of the older disks (get something in startup about fingerprint, or time stamp goes by too fast) eventually says inaccessible drive

The ONLY one I can boot up is the latest 500gb.

Which means my old image backups are usless as I cant use them

I can SEE them if I put it into a USB connector, I even can boot them up in my old toshiba.

How do I backup my ISTA / IMAGE, if it wont see them

I may buy a new win11 or similar, but I dont have the ISTA files to install, (my friends sent me a copy) and I'll be buggered if I can fine it.
I have Mikes BMW tools and EDIBIAS but not Ista

Any thoughts, the Lenovo is now working fine and I guess I could use my tosh with either SDD

I'm kinda hankering to get a new laptop just for ista, but all LT's coming out now DONT have the old style SDD things, only M2 or on board SDD

thanks sorry it's long

I'll try and get a log, but scared to screw my existing working Lenovo
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 05:18 PM   #2
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

OK, so update

I booted up the original HDD in my tosh, loaded up fine Ista loaded up and even connected to the car via USB OBD, only thing some of the car details are greyed out, such as I-Level and a few other things, but got into the codes section

That ista is 4.29, I think my later 500GB is 4.3, I think my mate said I needed a later version, either way, I have the Lenovo which work, an SDD and an HDD image

I would like to experiment on one of the HDD's and do a clean install of ISTA so I have it.

Any other thoughts ? cools
Appreciate 0