BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Bmw Australia Cut Price In 1 Series

07-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #133
MelbM135i
Rep
Drives: M135i

I am in Melb and couple weeks ago bought optioned up M135i (with july changes and ready October) - I wanted comfort access too as we have on our X5 and once you have it you realise how handy it easy - I went the package as I figured out might help a bit on resale anyway as not many people will get - from memory the comfort package is more like $2,800 - not cheap - make sure get Premium sound, I also got sunroof and Black Sapphire and Advanced parking for the wife - Arrow PM me and can give you idea - glad I didnt buy a couple months ago as would have been $95k with all the opts !!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #134
MelbM135i
Rep

PS comfort package includes electric , lumbar support and heated seats to front - I didnt give a rats about electric seats (again good for resale) - must admit heated seats are nice after a run (old age) - now I need to sell my R32 if anyone knows a buyer
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #135
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post
Does anybody who has ordered one of the updated July onwards spec builds (standard auto, pro nav etc) mind posting the approx discounts they've been able to negotiate? I'm in the early stages of negotiation and would be interested to know at how much people have been able to get off with the new pricing and spec. I know ultimately a good price is the one that you're happy to pay, but nice to have a ballpark of what % I should be aiming for.

Cheers
aim for 15%+
there is at least 6% in the options.
go for $63,500 base & add your options from here.... i have a price list of all options for July build onwards... if i can post it up here?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #136
vladt
Rep
Drives: M135 - 9 years and still :)

Please post the cost of all the options.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #137
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

enjoy
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #138
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Siin_ View Post
enjoy
That's brilliant, thanks mate
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #139
vladt
Rep
Drives: M135 - 9 years and still :)

cheers
Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #140
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 125i

Merc still do the option packages better but I'm very happy with BMW changing in the same direction, made the car far more affordable
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #141
MelbM135i
Rep

Good work Siin - wish I had that when negotiati9ng - I assume right had column is RRP and left hand column is their cost - on my options $9,805 RRP compared to $6,856 cost..... do you mean $63,500 base plus on roads? my contract has over $7,000 in stamp duty/ luxury car tax/Rego fee/ Comp 3rd party etc so if you are talking onroad that is amazing !!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #142
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbM135i View Post
Good work Siin - wish I had that when negotiati9ng - I assume right had column is RRP and left hand column is their cost - on my options $9,805 RRP compared to $6,856 cost..... do you mean $63,500 base plus on roads? my contract has over $7,000 in stamp duty/ luxury car tax/Rego fee/ Comp 3rd party etc so if you are talking onroad that is amazing !!
I think the far right hand column is inclusive of LCT/GST etc?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #143
BenArcher
Rep
Drives: MG 125i M-Sport

Quote:
I think the far right hand column is inclusive of LCT/GST etc?
Correct. The left hand column is without any taxes, the middle has GST added so is 10% more and right hand has Luxury Car Tax and GST.

So the middle column is what the option should cost you unless the overall cost is over $60,316.00 in which case the Luxury Car tax kicks in and you need to look at the right hand column.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #144
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Left column is ex GST & LCT then middle is incl GST & right colmn incl GST & LCT.
I'm told that there is at least 6% margin to play with the ex GST & LCT cost

$63,500 is drive away all inclusive. This is based on QLD s/duty & business rego - there might be a small variation with stamp duty & rego from state to state.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #145
hibijibis
Rep
Drives: 335i

anyone struck any deals with the 125i with the revised pricing? list price appears to be about 51500. does anyone reckon $45-46 possible?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #146
Balatabert
Rep
Drives: 125i F20

I think you'd be doing really well to get one at that price. The 125i now comes standard with goodies like auto, 18 inch wheels, faux leather, basic sat nav and launch control. I need a towbar for my car and discovered that there isn't any aftermarket one (at least none that I could find). I ended up paying a little over $50k for a base model with towbar (which by the way has a highway robbery list price of $2,200!)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #147
MelbM135i
Rep

Siin I might buy a second one for that price!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #148
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibijibis View Post
anyone struck any deals with the 125i with the revised pricing? list price appears to be about 51500. does anyone reckon $45-46 possible?
Hi

for my 125i which i smashed up with extras:

Comfort pack, Prem Multi Pack, sunroof, leather, Visibility pack, adaptive M and alu min interior trim + 4 years free servicing

I basically got the car as if it were a 118i with all the stuff added on.

That is about a 5k difference but after the options which have a higher margin, so straight off the base model of the car to take 5k off would be hard, good on ya if you can
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #149
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Siin I might buy a second one for that price!!
Do it... You know you want too
Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #150
HHawker
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

G'day All,

Best start by saying thanks for the great thread, have been reading things over and found the info very handy!

Have been looking at cars in this segment for a few months now, and only last week took an M135i for a drive. That straight six really is a beautiful engine!

I ordered and placed a deposit on the A45 AMG back in April, with the contract subject to test drive. In the initial few weeks, as information regarding the car has slowly made it through the dealerships, I was assured that my car would be delivered on, or around, September 25, with the first car being available for test drive in the first week of September.

Having received close to no follow-up from my dealer in the past few months, I contacted him yesterday and learnt that my ordered has been delayed by 4 weeks, and on top of that, was advised that the car their relying on for test drives is an order that they're hoping will be cancelled. The guy who placed the order is currently struggling to decide whether he'll accept the car, however if he does, the dealership will be left with no demo.

A infuriating set of circumstances, made worse by the the lack of service since my deposit was paid, is pushing me away from the A45 and towards the M135i. While I was hoping to wait until the A45 arrived so I could compare the two cars, I'm now starting to think I might commit to a car I have driven, and will really enjoy, so I can finally say I'm committed either way.

Would love to hear people's experiences with the two dealers here in Perth, and more directly, would be very interested in hearing what type of discounts have been struck in the past few months by Perth buyers (please feel free to PM me).

On a side note, is anyone able to confirm that the M135i will receive the the new iDrive touch controller as of the recently updated production spec? I note that a Car Sales article mentions the touch controller will now coming standard with the Professional System, however a dealer I spoke to was unable to confirm this.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #151
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHawker View Post
G'day All,

Best start by saying thanks for the great thread, have been reading things over and found the info very handy!

Have been looking at cars in this segment for a few months now, and only last week took an M135i for a drive. That straight six really is a beautiful engine!

I ordered and placed a deposit on the A45 AMG back in April, with the contract subject to test drive. In the initial few weeks, as information regarding the car has slowly made it through the dealerships, I was assured that my car would be delivered on, or around, September 25, with the first car being available for test drive in the first week of September.

Having received close to no follow-up from my dealer in the past few months, I contacted him yesterday and learnt that my ordered has been delayed by 4 weeks, and on top of that, was advised that the car their relying on for test drives is an order that they're hoping will be cancelled. The guy who placed the order is currently struggling to decide whether he'll accept the car, however if he does, the dealership will be left with no demo.

A infuriating set of circumstances, made worse by the the lack of service since my deposit was paid, is pushing me away from the A45 and towards the M135i. While I was hoping to wait until the A45 arrived so I could compare the two cars, I'm now starting to think I might commit to a car I have driven, and will really enjoy, so I can finally say I'm committed either way.

Would love to hear people's experiences with the two dealers here in Perth, and more directly, would be very interested in hearing what type of discounts have been struck in the past few months by Perth buyers (please feel free to PM me).

On a side note, is anyone able to confirm that the M135i will receive the the new iDrive touch controller as of the recently updated production spec? I note that a Car Sales article mentions the touch controller will now coming standard with the Professional System, however a dealer I spoke to was unable to confirm this.

Thanks guys.
Very similar circumstances for me, I moved on from MB as well...

Yes the 135i has the updated touch iDrive. The spec sheet on the website has this all confirmed in writing. You can hold them to it if your bmw turns up without it.

In saying that people in Europe who have taken delivery of the car for a July build have confirmed the touch is there...

My car will be built soon =)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #152
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
G'day All,

Thanks guys.
Can't send you a PM...

I have a M135i on the way, just got released from production and is being loaded on to a ship now...due in Freo on the 3rd Sep.

I bought through Auto Classic, wasn't able to get much of a discount, when I ordered they didn't have any build slots (ordered back in April and got a July build slot) so played the whole more buyers than slots card and wouldn't budge much on price. I've bought a BMW through them before and got about 15% but this time only got about 4-5% (which is basically the corporate discount).

I went with most options too. Also getting 18" M Performance Brakes added too.

Mine gets all the updates including launch control, iDrive touch, etc

James
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #153
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
G'day All,

Thanks guys.
I recently ordered from Perth as well, got lucky with a spec change coming available for a build slot and have been told mine was built last week. Am waiting for dealer to get back to me with more info so that I can track when it gets shipped.

Similar experience to DECVING in terms of negotiations.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #154
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
I recently ordered from Perth as well, got lucky with a spec change coming available for a build slot and have been told mine was built last week. Am waiting for dealer to get back to me with more info so that I can track when it gets shipped.

Similar experience to DECVING in terms of negotiations.
Yours is prob on my ship...Undine....there is 3 on their way here...mine, yours and Eds!...
Appreciate 0