BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Tesla sales forecast cut by 40%

12-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #23
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My gasoline powered car goes into reserve with 50 miles of range remaining, and I can fuel up in just a few minutes at millions of locations. Imagine the reserve I need to allow with the charging situation of an electric car! Real-world range is even smaller.
Can you refill your car at home while you sleep?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #24
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Did you miss the word "conventional," or not understand the term "conventional competition?"
It is also odd to see you quote the alleged $30k Tesla when the linked article mentions the vehicle projected to be priced more like $60k.
When I think conventional competition, its something in the same category. But if you were talking about conventional cars, then I'm sorry. There will never be a true assessment of the 2, together. Especially when we can fill our vehicles up in a few minutes compared to the number of hours for the electric vehicle.

So they were planning a $35k car but now they say it might be $60k....ok. Who knows, they might change that again and it'll be $40k. Because who knows how long the gas prices will stay like this. Honestly, I hope until I die which is 40 or so years from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
What restrictions, its Tesla themselves who want to bust the dealership sales model, as for the limited sales that's down to price more then anything else. It's not a cheap car, it has many drawbacks, it can't 100% replace a conventional vehicle.
Where can they sell?

http://www.teslamotors.com/sv_SE/for...esla-sell-cars

They are even banned in some States. Limited sales are due to States telling Tesla how many cars they can sale per month or year.

Its not like Tesla was the first to try and get rid of the dealership experience. Costco has their car program but dealers do have Costco dealer reps and True Car does sorta the same thing.

Oh and what about this can't tow a trailer? I guess thats a deal breaker for me since I can't tow a trailer with my car since everyone tows needs to tow something with their car
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #25
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask
Quote:
My gasoline powered car goes into reserve with 50 miles of range remaining, and I can fuel up in just a few minutes at millions of locations. Imagine the reserve I need to allow with the charging situation of an electric car! Real-world range is even smaller.
Can you refill your car at home while you sleep?
I live in a condominium so I have the same inability to refuel an electric car as a conventionally powered vehicle at home. The thing is, I don't need to refuel my 335i every day like a pure electric vehicle requires.
      12-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #26
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
They are even banned in some States. Limited sales are due to States telling Tesla how many cars they can sale per month or year.

Its not like Tesla was the first to try and get rid of the dealership experience. Costco has their car program but dealers do have Costco dealer reps and True Car does sorta the same thing.

Oh and what about this can't tow a trailer? I guess thats a deal breaker for me since I can't tow a trailer with my car since everyone tows needs to tow something with their car
So they set up a dealer network in those states and not sell direct, it's not much of an obstacle, plus anyone who really wants one can go out of state to get one.

Yup not being able to tow is a deal breaker, I have a trailer with a boat on it.
Appreciate 0