BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

12-14-2023, 08:58 AM   #12893
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: f32 n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Yeah, it's great when you get those easy hookups, but that also means that gal is most likely broken and thinks the only way to gain attention from someone is through sexual means. If a gal is honestly just looking for fun she will usually be upfront about it, but if she is making it appear she wants a relationship and is being sexual from the start she is probably unstable.

Years ago I was on bumble and had a gal match with me. First hour or so of messaging back and forth seemed ok, little sketch when she stated she wanted a real relationship with no bullshit, but didn't want to spend forever "getting to know someone" only to be turned down. I mean I get it, but..... Not too much longer and she was asking if I wanted to see her favorite photo of herself, and it was a photo of her lady flower, followed by topless photos. Immediately threw red flags so I moved on. Eventually found out she went on some dates with a dude I knew from the Army, and he confirmed she was crazy. She thought sex was the only way to get and keep someones attention, zero meaningful conversation, zero connection, just wanted to find a guy to get married to and not be lonely.
She was definetley broken man and i've never experienced something like that before atleast crazy back end of that story. I felt bad honestly but I told her I wasnt looking for anything serious right off the bat and I take my time, but when we parked at the beach and did our thing it was hard to say no but bro fake numbers and fake IG accounts and voicemails on my phone it was starting to get out of hand....

Anyways now i've been dating/talking to this sweet and sexy thai girl for the past 3 weeks and so far so good

wow yea it sounds like it could have been a similar experience, it is sad that people need to use sex to get a relationship. I remember someone on this thread said something along the lines of "women use sex to get love and men use love to get sex" and that really resonated with me
      12-14-2023, 09:32 AM   #12894
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Men put up with way, way too much crazy that encourages women to continue being fucking crazy.
This, times a number so large it doesn't yet exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinniciF32 View Post
it is sad that people need to use sex to get a relationship.
Love bombing. Look it up. You dodged a huge bullet.
Appreciate 1
xander_g989.50
      12-14-2023, 11:29 AM   #12895
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Love bombing. Look it up. You dodged a huge bullet.
I didnt realize there was an actual term for that behavoir, yes she text book love bombed me. Learn something new everyday.

Well its the weekend, anyone else have any upcoming dates?
      12-14-2023, 12:11 PM   #12896
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Hopefully I will feel better by the weekend so I can take my wife out on a date before all of our Christmas parties / family things start next weekend! Best time of the year!!

Also, I sure hope you used a rain coat chinniciF32! Would hate for that lady to come back and do some Maury Povich shit.
      12-14-2023, 12:44 PM   #12897
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Also, I sure hope you used a rain coat chinniciF32! Would hate for that lady to come back and do some Maury Povich shit.
Man I miss that show. We used to have Mandatory Maury during lunch break

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 3
      12-14-2023, 01:22 PM   #12898
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Hopefully I will feel better by the weekend so I can take my wife out on a date before all of our Christmas parties / family things start next weekend! Best time of the year!!

feel better man and take her out, speaking of which I have my christmas party tonight NO DATE (girlfriend or situationship) this year I decided to bring my grandma lol.

unfortunately I didn't wear one but its been 5 months and havent heard from hear so all is well i suppose
      12-14-2023, 02:40 PM   #12899
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
feel better man and take her out, speaking of which I have my christmas party tonight NO DATE (girlfriend or situationship) this year I decided to bring my grandma lol.

unfortunately I didn't wear one but its been 5 months and havent heard from hear so all is well i suppose
Wait, 5 months ago you boinked your gma, and she hasn't talked to you since then???

12-14-2023, 04:49 PM   #12900
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Men put up with way, way too much crazy that encourages women to continue being fucking crazy.
While women that can't hide their crazy in public are difficult, the sex is fantastic.
"No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree."
W. C. Fields
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 10:24 PM   #12901
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, 5 months ago you boinked your gma, and she hasn't talked to you since then???

Yep... this was one of those times you really needed to proof read how you replied before submitting

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 10:04 AM   #12902
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Yep... this was one of those times you really needed to proof read how you replied before submitting
lmao fair enough but you guys know what I meant, there is no pregnancy scare from the crazy one from the summer.
      12-15-2023, 11:49 AM   #12903
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Thread revive

This was a good thread, anyone have any good/bad/scary date stories?

Summer 2023 - Started chatting with this girl on Chispa, missed all the red flags and acting foolishly
Fixed it.

Never, ever, let them know where you live until you have established they are stable. And you should stop dating until you either mature or get some coaching.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 01:34 PM   #12904
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
While women that can't hide their crazy in public are difficult, the sex is fantastic.
"No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree."
W. C. Fields
for what its worth i totally agree it was fantastic but it came with a price. Lesson learned i suppose
      12-15-2023, 02:28 PM   #12905
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

There's a lot to read here, so I'm WAY out of touch with the dating scene.

I can say that I know it's over for me, however lol. And I don't have the patience or will to delve into dating apps. I did try once or twice, however.

Even tho I check many of the common boxes mentioned as important and attractive to women within my age range (physically fit, stabe career, don't need a surrogate mom, chivalrous, etc.) I believe either all the good women are already taken by guys who appreciated what the bring to the table, the single women in my age range are not sure what they even want, so don't appreciated what they actually have, and then the hot single ladies are simply conditioned to be so entitled, they too will always be single since nothing will be good enough, lol.

I don't normally vist this thread as i have nothing to contribute, so forgive me as I've had a long layover while traveling for work, so I'm just bored at the bar (bar tender treating me good) waiting to get back to my place once my flight starts boarding.
Esteban43330.00
Alfisti6496.00
xander_g989.50
      12-15-2023, 03:17 PM   #12906
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
The reason dating is a nightmare is to help you get past the issues that come up in marriage. If we had no memory who would be marred?
“Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not.” – Albert Einstein
Appreciate 3
MoeTE87643.00
LuvMyE923000.00
      12-15-2023, 04:31 PM   #12907
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Al was a damn smart man!
      12-18-2023, 07:59 AM   #12908
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

I can say that I know it's over for me, however lol. And I don't have the patience or will to delve into dating apps. I did try once or twice, however.
Dating apps (and social media for that matter) have completely destroyed the dating scene IMO. I avoid those things like the plague.

Quote:
Even tho I check many of the common boxes mentioned as important and attractive to women within my age range (physically fit, stable career, don't need a surrogate mom, chivalrous, etc.)
Women are attracted to confidence more than anything else. All of the things you listed take a back seat to confidence in a woman's brain.
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2023, 10:22 AM   #12909
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There's a lot to read here, so I'm WAY out of touch with the dating scene.

Even tho I check many of the common boxes mentioned as important and attractive to women within my age range (physically fit, stabe career, don't need a surrogate mom, chivalrous, etc.) I believe either all the good women are already taken by guys who appreciated what the bring to the table, the single women in my age range are not sure what they even want, so don't appreciated what they actually have, and then the hot single ladies are simply conditioned to be so entitled, they too will always be single since nothing will be good enough, lol.

I don't normally vist this thread as i have nothing to contribute, so forgive me as I've had a long layover while traveling for work, so I'm just bored at the bar (bar tender treating me good) waiting to get back to my place once my flight starts boarding.
Yea the dating apps have worked pretty well for me so far but the regular way of meeting a girl in public is def better. That seems to be my experience to, a lot of the good ones are taken but i'd say maybe once a year (single for almost 3 years excluding situationships)I come across someone who checks all the boxes and only has a red flag or two (no one is perfect including myself) and things go well for awhile and then fizzle out for what ever reason.
      12-18-2023, 10:32 AM   #12910
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Dating apps (and social media for that matter) have completely destroyed the dating scene IMO. I avoid those things like the plague.

Women are attracted to confidence more than anything else. All of the things you listed take a back seat to confidence in a woman's brain.
Agreed, the apps can be good but they also have a huge downside to the dating scene. i suppose for introverted shy people it could be good because they dont have to do the initial approach if they are too nervous to do it in person.

Last edited by chinniciF32; 12-18-2023 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 11:36 AM   #12911
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

damn yall be hitting it raw too much. bout to get the clap and a child
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2023, 01:32 PM   #12912
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
damn yall be hitting it raw too much. bout to get the clap and a child
"hes had the clap so many times its more like an applause" -Slater-
      12-18-2023, 02:36 PM   #12913
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, the apps can be good but they also have a huge downside to the dating scene. i suppose for introverted shy people it could be good because they dont have to do the initial approach if they are too nervous to do it in person.
Exactly my point. The last thing most normal, healthy woman want is a shy, introverted man. They'll tell you this too.

Last edited by Chihuahua; 12-18-2023 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 03:20 PM   #12914
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

When I was on dating apps the gals I did end up meeting with explained to me that they get so many perverted messages that they miss a lot of genuine ones. If your profile pic doesn't stand out or looks too douchey they won't even look, or if your message doesn't grab their attention they wont even open it. I also had a gal tell me after maybe 20 minutes of messaging that I took too long to set up a date and she didn't want to spend forever getting to know someone through texts.

I feel like todays dating apps are more difficult than just going out somewhere. Attractive gals get bombarded with messages from all platforms. A past close friend of mine was very attractive and it was ridiculous the amount of messages she got just from Instagram or Facebook from dudes trying to hook up with her or take her out. A lot of those messages were seriously cringe...

Appreciate 0