BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-26-2018, 06:49 AM   #683
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I guess in the 30s but they also need to have had relationship experience by then and also need to have learned communication skills. I was not a good communicator in my 20s.
after spending a lot of time with my dad and his boys, age or profession does not have any correlation with maturity.

when you have 45-50 year old guys, the "stupidest" being an engineer, who are making good money and are talking about that hot chick in the gym last week, you realize age has nothing to do with how mature someone is

and im not trying to drag this topic out, but i generalized because of my exposure to girls in their 20s - you just said you weren't a good communicator soo...

also there's a difference in playing games because youre a bad person (what onerdriver said, chicks actually rip on guys because its fun, i've been ripped on and helped someone rip on a guy) and not being a good communicator...
I think there are a lot of factors. Personality and how someone was raised have a lot to do with it. I dated a girl in my early 20s who was very mature for her age and had her shit together. I've also met people in their 50s who think cheating is okay and wonder why they haven't settled down yet.

Everyone is different, which is why there isn't a "how-to" guide out there on women yet lol.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5
      09-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #684
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I guess in the 30s but they also need to have had relationship experience by then and also need to have learned communication skills. I was not a good communicator in my 20s.
There's no correlation with age & maturity. I've met women in their 50s that still don't have their shit together. I was grown up at 7. Fuck these idiots.
Appreciate 3
Kyngofpop676.00
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-26-2018, 07:45 AM   #685
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You've been holding out!
I can sadly say that I've never even been to the distillery. Kind of a touchy subject but my squireship still stands. My sister used to go quite a bit but it was more of showing off type deal to her friends. I never wanted to show up to the distillery swinging around my shiny balls if you get what I mean. My father was really close to Jimmy Bedford before he passed. My dad went with him to pick out his Harley and they used to ride together quite often. The stories of the cookouts, get togethers, etc. were always great to hear my dad tell. When dad passed away and the Lynchburg crew arrived to his viewing it was quite surreal. A former Master Distiller, the new Master Distiller, several tasters, Jimmy's widow and handful of notables from Lynchburg walked in looking like a scene from Tombstone.

Having each of them come and shake my hand and explain what a great man my father was an awesome moment. I'll never forget Frank Bobo telling me about how my father helped him mend some of his fences on his property all while sharing some of his private stock during the work.

I inherited some crazy rare Jack Daniels memorabilia. In my kitchen, I have one of the barrels (#69 of 140) that distilled the first batch of Holiday Select and was one of the barrels in the barrel tree seen in the commercial from that year. There are only two in existence that have Jeff Arnett, Frank Bobo and Emily Bedford's (Jimmy's wife) signature on them; I have one and my sister has the other.

I've thread-jacked enough. Back to your regularly scheduled thread of dating stories/mishaps.
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17874.00
MKSixer34171.50
      09-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #686
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I get the feeling MKSixer and are are going to have some (un)friendly competition attempting to court Judy for her squireship benefits.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      09-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #687
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I get the feeling MKSixer and are are going to have some (un)friendly competition attempting to court Judy for her squireship benefits.
Dammit Wede! No wonder everyone stays confused about my gender.

disclaimer: to all that don't realize, I am in fact a man....thus the username of NOT_Judy
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
MKSixer34171.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      09-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #688
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

disclaimer: to all that don't realize, I am in fact a man....thus the username of NOT_Judy
I thought YOU were also confused about your gender. Is that not the case Judy?
Appreciate 3
UncleWede17874.00
Joekerr7926.00
MKSixer34171.50
      09-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #689
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:

You are SOOO fortunate Belgie is still banned from OT

While I can't speak for Sixer, *I* just might be able to get past any dangling appendages for the right squire.

Years ago I was a squire in KofC, if that helps any.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      09-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #690
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I can sadly say that I've never even been to the distillery. Kind of a touchy subject but my squireship still stands. My sister used to go quite a bit but it was more of showing off type deal to her friends. I never wanted to show up to the distillery swinging around my shiny balls if you get what I mean. My father was really close to Jimmy Bedford before he passed. My dad went with him to pick out his Harley and they used to ride together quite often. The stories of the cookouts, get togethers, etc. were always great to hear my dad tell. When dad passed away and the Lynchburg crew arrived to his viewing it was quite surreal. A former Master Distiller, the new Master Distiller, several tasters, Jimmy's widow and handful of notables from Lynchburg walked in looking like a scene from Tombstone.

Having each of them come and shake my hand and explain what a great man my father was an awesome moment. I'll never forget Frank Bobo telling me about how my father helped him mend some of his fences on his property all while sharing some of his private stock during the work.

I inherited some crazy rare Jack Daniels memorabilia. In my kitchen, I have one of the barrels (#69 of 140) that distilled the first batch of Holiday Select and was one of the barrels in the barrel tree seen in the commercial from that year. There are only two in existence that have Jeff Arnett, Frank Bobo and Emily Bedford's (Jimmy's wife) signature on them; I have one and my sister has the other.

I've thread-jacked enough. Back to your regularly scheduled thread of dating stories/mishaps.
No disrespect intended, but like to pursue this since it is OT after all, we can afford a little digress from the topic for a moment.

What is the point of being a squire - seems to me its just like any other "friends of XX" club. Just have to be recommended by a member...but so what? What does it get you really?

I looked, this page had a bunch of info it seemed, but they also made you pay for some of the "gifts".
http://www.jdcollectorspage.com/TSAssociation.html

You get a little (and I bet it is extremely small...likely an inch or something like that) plot of land, some letters, and each Squire can only nominate one other person in their lifetime (apparently). But for all that...still not seeing the benefit?

Not seeing any say exclusive offers for rare one off barrels, etc? That would be worthwhile, but haven't seen that mentioned.

I guess I just see it like me being a "friend of Ardbeg" - not of any use at all, except I'll get the occasional email informing me of a new offering and when it will be available to buy, but that is for the general public - not exclusive to me.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #691
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Jeeze...I get a ton of work to do and this crap happens!! The usual suspects, as usual.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #692
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I thought YOU were also confused about your gender. Is that not the case Judy?
This is MOST definitely not the case whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
No disrespect intended, but like to pursue this since it is OT after all, we can afford a little digress from the topic for a moment.

What is the point of being a squire - seems to me its just like any other "friends of XX" club. Just have to be recommended by a member...but so what? What does it get you really?

I looked, this page had a bunch of info it seemed, but they also made you pay for some of the "gifts".
http://www.jdcollectorspage.com/TSAssociation.html

You get a little (and I bet it is extremely small...likely an inch or something like that) plot of land, some letters, and each Squire can only nominate one other person in their lifetime (apparently). But for all that...still not seeing the benefit?

Not seeing any say exclusive offers for rare one off barrels, etc? That would be worthwhile, but haven't seen that mentioned.

I guess I just see it like me being a "friend of Ardbeg" - not of any use at all, except I'll get the occasional email informing me of a new offering and when it will be available to buy, but that is for the general public - not exclusive to me.
No disrespect taken at all. To be honest I have no clue what all is entailed from squireship other than private tours, invites to private barbecues/special events not open to the public and of course a deed to the imaginary 1" plot of land on the distillery. Again, I've never delved into the squirehood or have even been to the distillery. From taste, I have always been more of Woodford Reserve man myself. From knowing the proper way of tasting whiskey, bourbon, scotch and the like in my personal opinion Jack Daniels is far from the best. What separates Jack Daniels is simply their marketing team. They are very well known but far from the best in my opinion.

The ability to score one off barrels, rare bottles etc. comes from being close with those who have access to such things. I do know that a gentlemen by the name of Randy Piper has a store in Lynchburg that sells, or used to sell, rare bottles and can get them signed by distillers; called Gettin' Jacked. He was at dads funeral as well but I also know that at one point he was under investigation by the ABC due to illegal storage/sale of untaxed alcohol.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
Joekerr7926.00
      09-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #693
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This is the same one I had the meme conversation with. Still gotta edit those screenshots. She did come over last night. Way too easy.

I am a sex God.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      09-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #694
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
This is the same one I had the meme conversation with. Still gotta edit those screenshots. She did come over last night. Way too easy.

I am a sex God.
Pics or it's a dude.

Appreciate 2
________4157.00
BayE301341.00
      09-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #695
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Pics or it's a dude.
Jealous?
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
      09-26-2018, 12:59 PM   #696
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Jealous?
Haha, nope. But good for you man!

Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #697
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Haha, nope. But good for you man!
Don't lie, you want it to be a man & you want that man to be you.
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17874.00
________4157.00
      09-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #698
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I am a sex God.
I dunno - the way I read that text, I get this sense she was either fat (or at least chunky) or is crazy. Like possibly certifiable. Those are the two personalities that I think are the most likely from those words.

Am I at all close?
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
BayE301341.00
      09-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #699
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
I dunno - the way I read that text, I get this sense she was either fat (or at least chunky) or is crazy. Like possibly certifiable. Those are the two personalities that I think are the most likely from those words.

Am I at all close?
......or fake. lol i get these cracked out messages on the Daily
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #700
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Don't lie, you want it to be a man & you want that man to be you.

Appreciate 2
________4157.00
      09-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #701
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Am I at all close?
She's obviously crazy. They make the best sex, fool. Not sure how you got fat out of that exchange. Also, fat is not a personality.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      09-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #702
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
She's obviously crazy. They make the best sex, fool. Not sure how you got fat out of that exchange. Also, fat is not a personality.
True...fat is not a personality. Poor choice of words from me.

Interestingly, and this could have been a poor decision on your part, there was also no denial of the same on your part!

I don't know why...I just got this impression she might be overweight. I can't explain it - I think it was the remark about the toys.
Appreciate 2
      09-26-2018, 02:11 PM   #703
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
True...fat is not a personality. Poor choice of words from me.

Interestingly, and this could have been a poor decision on your part, there was also no denial of the same on your part!

I don't know why...I just got this impression she might be overweight. I can't explain it - I think it was the remark about the toys.
No denial, I said she was crazy. That implies not fat.

Only fat chicks use sex toys? Jesus, what planet are you on today?
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #704
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No denial, I said she was crazy. That implies not fat.

Only fat chicks use sex toys? Jesus, what planet are you on today?
I'm not even sure, I think this one. But I'm tired, so who knows. My youngest decided to cough his lungs out so much so he was throwing up from 11:30pm to 1:30am last night / morning and then my oldest decided to wake us up at 5am.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00