BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #507
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Damn son....that's harsh. I would have taken a picture of the act and sent that as a message with "Don't bother replying."

Learn to cook. Women love it when a man cooks for them, especially if it's good. Even if it sucks, they can give you a hard time about it. You'll end up with the same result either way....unless it makes them sick.
cooking is super simple once you learn the very basics of it - you literally add things or do things to it to make it taste like youre used to

but yeah cooking comes in super handy and if you have a small kitchen gives you many opportunities to escalate...
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #508
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
cooking is super simple once you learn the very basics of it - you literally add things or do things to it to make it taste like youre used to

but yeah cooking comes in super handy and if you have a small kitchen gives you many opportunities to escalate...
If that's all you think cooking is, you're doing it wrong.
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #509
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
nah i know that's not all cooking is, but for a starting point it'll do...
i can't bake for shit though
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #510
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

This can be used for the embarrassing moments thread as well, I may copy an post there also.

I was pretty damn promiscuous not so long ago. A handful of my close friends, who stop by my house often, would always meet different girls an give me a hard time about it. Fast forward 8 months and I've been dating the current girlfriend for a few months. A good friend of mine, myself and the girlfriend are on the back deck having a drink when my buddies phone rings and it's a mutual friend of ours that I hadn't seen in about a year. My buddy puts his phone on speaker he tells the guy on the phone he's at my house. The guy on the phone not knowing that my girlfriend is present, says loudly, "Hey Jody, are you still swimming in 'tang? And by 'tang I'm referring to all those whores I see at your house every time I stop by."

What followed was the longest awkward silence I have ever experienced. My friend that was sitting there had no idea what to say and after a few seconds or a few years as it felt busted out laughing. I then made the comment of, "Hey Drew, allow me to introduce to you my girlfriend." She, with a very uncomfortable look on her face, said hello an suddenly went inside.
Appreciate 4
      09-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #511
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Wow, to think I read all 24 pages of this thread. Pure gold.

All I can say, is that unless you're 6 foot 7 and on a professional sports team, online dating is complete shit. I met my fiancé the normal way, in person, she was actually babysitting my brothers kids but while we were still single/just hanging out in the early days of the relationship I wanted to be sure she was the one. So what did I do? Loaded up Tinder, Bumble, Match, OkCupid, Shaadi and all those stupid ass apps.

I even paid a professional photographer for awesome pictures of me lounging, playing soccer, at the bar with a drink, profile shots, and on my motorcycle. They were fucking drool worthy. Damn I wish I had dog too, that may have been better. I'm a fit fucking dude, the problem is I'm not tall and most girls screen out guys under 7 feet. Being tall is the most overrated characteristic in this world lol.

Boy was online dating excoriating. Seriously, my fiancé is very good looking and 11 years younger than I (I'm 36) but the hits I was getting online just didn't jive with the girls that have historically been interested in me in real life. It sucked big time. Took a big hit on my ego until I realized the apps are a shit show. I did end up talking to some cool chicks but the vast majority were batshit crazy and of no interest to me at my age.

Anyway, the whole online thing just confirmed to me that the person I had was amazing, so I popped the question.

When I have the time, I'll post about my bat shit crazy ex from college and her lingerie parties. One of which was incredibly memorable

Also, to the guys here, if you're gonna hookup with random chicks, wear a damn condom that fits and won't slip off. It's not embarrassing, just figure out which brands work and which dont. For everybody's sake.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #512
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Also, to the guys here, if you're gonna hookup with random chicks, wear a damn condom that fits and won't slip off. It's not embarrassing, just figure out which brands work and which dont. For everybody's sake.
How dare you suggest we aren't all magnums. You see yourself out of this thread good sir, and feel free to let the door hit you on the way out for your comments.

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
UncleWede17874.00
      09-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #513
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

All I can say, is that unless you're 6 foot 7 and on a professional sports team, online dating is complete shit. I met my fiancé the normal way, in person, she was actually babysitting my brothers kids but while we were still single/just hanging out in the early days of the relationship I wanted to be sure she was the one. So what did I do? Loaded up Tinder, Bumble, Match, OkCupid, Shaadi and all those stupid ass apps.

I even paid a professional photographer for awesome pictures of me lounging, playing soccer, at the bar with a drink, profile shots, and on my motorcycle. They were fucking drool worthy. Damn I wish I had dog too, that may have been better. I'm a fit fucking dude, the problem is I'm not tall and most girls screen out guys under 7 feet. Being tall is the most overrated characteristic in this world lol.

Boy was online dating excoriating. Seriously, my fiancé is very good looking and 11 years younger than I (I'm 36) but the hits I was getting online just didn't jive with the girls that have historically been interested in me in real life. It sucked big time. Took a big hit on my ego until I realized the apps are a shit show. I did end up talking to some cool chicks but the vast majority were batshit crazy and of no interest to me at my age.

Anyway, the whole online thing just confirmed to me that the person I had was amazing, so I popped the question.

When I have the time, I'll post about my bat shit crazy ex from college and her lingerie parties. One of which was incredibly memorable

So you cheated on her to make sure she was it?! (yes, cheating is more than just fucking someone)
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      09-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #514
catcher22
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So you cheated on her to make sure she was it?! (yes, cheating is more than just fucking someone)
if that's how you read it, yep.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #515
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

depends...... cooking is a good skill to have

stops you eating out buying junk

I love the "chemistry" of it, adding things together.

Once you learn to cook for yourself and others "hungry men" dinners taste like cardboard

Quote:
Appreciate 3
BayE301341.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      09-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #516
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
BTW 2 things that def women love

1 a man that can cook
2 a man that knows how to lay a table, napkins and all !

You set up a nice romantic dinner, place set a table, properly, napkins, matching table cloth,
wine glasses, little bits and pieces on the table, romantic music, lighting
and cook a 3 course from scratch, if that ain't BJ territory I don't know what is
NEVER failed for me EVER
That deserves bj + sex all night long
Appreciate 1
jaye9441007.00
      09-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #517
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's the story you told. You made profiles on dating sites & proceeded to talk to several women...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #518
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
BTW 2 things that def women love

1 a man that can cook
2 a man that knows how to lay a table, napkins and all !

You set up a nice romantic dinner, place set a table, properly, napkins, matching table cloth,
wine glasses, little bits and pieces on the table, romantic music, lighting
and cook a 3 course from scratch, if that ain't BJ territory I don't know what is
NEVER failed for me EVER

Set a table??? Get out of here with that shit. Some things are only useful if you're trying to marry them. You lose man points for knowing this and not being a servant.

No one in here is going to take manly advice from someone who thought his oven was leaking water but somehow knows how to woo the ladies with knowing where the salad fork and soup spoon go.

Being able to cook for a lady is one thing, knowing how to fold a napkin properly is something most women don't even know how to do.
Appreciate 5
      09-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #519
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Set a table??? Get out of here with that shit. Some things are only useful if you're trying to marry them. You lose man points for knowing this and not being a servant.

No one in here is going to take manly advise from someone who thought his oven was leaking water but somehow knows how to woo the ladies with knowing where the salad fork and soup spoon go.

Being able to cook for a lady is one thing, knowing how to fold a napkin properly is something most women don't even know how to do.

at least on a college level the simple fact that you know how to do more about food than heat up frozen pizza or stop by chipotle will get you so far ahead
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #520
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No one in here is going to take manly advise from someone who thought his oven was leaking water but somehow knows how to woo the ladies with knowing where the salad fork and soup spoon go.

at least on a college level the simple fact that you know how to do more about food than heat up frozen pizza or stop by chipotle will get you so far ahead
The women I know would rather a man be a man than to set a table. Provide good food, make them laugh and make their toes curl. That's it unless you're trying to wife them or carry their purse.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #521
catcher22
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's the story you told. You made profiles on dating sites & proceeded to talk to several women...
haha there's always at least one troll that can't read or interprets things all fucked up. here you go:

while we were still single/just hanging out in the early days of the relationship
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #522
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The women I know would rather a man be a man than to set a table. Provide good food, make them laugh and make their toes curl. That's it unless you're trying to wife them or carry their purse.
yeah im not about that, im down to cook for two or cook with her and then eat it... not about to set up a "romantic and perfect" evening where there's a five course meal and the napkins are folded nicely and of course ironed properly.

if im feeling like it most i'll do is light up a candle. look into mancans (manly candles) if that's youre thing, they actually smell awesome

Quote:
haha there's always at least one troll that can't read or interprets things all fucked up. here you go:

while we were still single/just hanging out in the early days of the relationship
dude until both of you were on the same level of being exclusive i really don't see the issue lol
hell my friend recently turned off his tinder after being in a relationship for the last month after his mom asked him what tinder was and why it was on her credit card bill...
Appreciate 2
catcher22294.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #523
catcher22
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yeah im not about that

Quote:

dude until both of you were on the same level of being exclusive i really don't see the issue lol
hell my friend recently turned off his tinder after being in a relationship for the last month after his mom asked him what tinder was and why it was on her credit card bill...
exactly! i dont know why the hell he's giving me a hard time about something so stupid. way for him to shit on a great thread. i'll have to bring it back with the lingerie party story. soon.
Appreciate 2
      09-18-2018, 01:27 PM   #524
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:

This right here is what made it sound like you were online dating while you "had her". So I could see the misconception.

Last edited by Shiza; 09-18-2018 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #525
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
yeah im not about that, im down to cook for two or cook with her and then eat it... not about to set up a "romantic and perfect" evening where there's a five course meal and the napkins are folded nicely and of course ironed properly.

if im feeling like it most i'll do is light up a candle. look into mancans (manly candles) if that's youre thing, they actually smell awesome

From someone who has been around a lot of women, the more sophisticated you act in the event that you aren't a millionaire, the more suspect women become of you. Be a man and they'll appreciate it. Act like a MANcy boy and you'll be renovating a downstairs nightclub that no one will come to.
Appreciate 6
      09-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #526
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:

From someone who has been around a lot of women, the more sophisticated you act in the event that you aren't a millionaire, the more suspect women become of you. Be a man and they'll appreciate it. Act like a MANcy boy and you'll be renovating a downstairs nightclub that no one will come to.
Holy crap hahahaha

Some zingers here lol
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #527
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
call me stupid but i don't see what you're saying with this...
mancans aren't that expensive; its a college here lol there's only so much "flexing" and "sophistication" you can pull off (maybe im not seeing your point because im thinking in a smaller frame?) and not look like a complete douche who can only get laid thanks to daddy's wallet
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #528
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
call me stupid but i don't see what you're saying with this...
mancans aren't that expensive; its a college here lol there's only so much "flexing" and "sophistication" you can pull off (maybe im not seeing your point because im thinking in a smaller frame?) and not look like a complete douche who can only get laid thanks to daddy's wallet
I'm referring to Jaye's comments and posts in other threads he's made. I'm not quite sure how he's allowed in public places without a chaperone and a crash helmet. You could make a thread about the color brown and he would somehow insert something about home renovations or how great he is with the ladies, then several posts later will bitch about his wife.

Reference:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1503702
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1529584

As for candles, dude; that's spot on. Low light/candles, good music, (If you need some new tunes, check out Chet Faker, Alex Claire, Two Feet, Hippie Sabotage, Glass Animals) and have your place smelling good (I use teak wood air diffusers from Bath and Body Works).

As for music...Im always down for new recommendations if any of you have some good ones....excluding country. Hard to set the mood with that garbage.

Last edited by King Rudi; 09-18-2018 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
________4157.00