BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New BMW owner

05-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
Pmac1985
Rep
Drives: 120d xdrive

New BMW owner

Only just found this forum, when searching about these car's so thought I would join to hopefully get some more knowledge about this car and cars in general as I know very little.

Any way I recently(march 12th) bought a new 120D xdrive, my first Bmw and actually my second car, the first being a vauxhall corsa 1.2 that my wife bought after passing here test 3 years ago. I drove that for a yearish after passing my test oct 2013(@28).
My wife told me she was going to get me a new car for my 30th, but about a week before my birthday told me I wasn't getting one anymore , a week or two after that we were out shopping, she said lets go and have a look and we picked this up that day.. she loves to wind me up.

So far I'm loving it, its a big step up in comfort and performance for me.
Only down sides, though small are that its not the 2015 refreshed model, is red and is only an SE.

Its got the fallowing extras
drivers comfort package
interior comfort package
visibility package
sun protection package
bmw navigation
black dakota leather
18 double spoke 385 light alloys

One question I have is regarding the tyres, it came with goodyear eagle F1 tyres 225/40R18 on the front and 245/35R18 on the rear are these good tyres?
Also the onboard pressure sensor was reading them at 2.3 psi all round, they dropped to 2.2 after around 900-1000 miles so i went to fill them up today back to 2.3 which the pump said it was set to but now half the car is reading 2.2 the other 2.1(left vs right side). what is the best psi for these tyres.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:08 AM   #2
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Congrats on the buy
In regard to your tyres.
The Goodyear's are OK, most of the 1ers are going for Michelins. You can read the threads on them. You need to recheck the pressure with a gauge on each tyre and set up the correct pressures, then you reset the tyre monitor in 'settings'.
You can download the F20 manual from the section on notices 'up the top'. It will explain how to do this.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Pmac1985
Rep
Drives: 120d xdrive

Thank, I did reset the pressure checker via the i drive menu.

I think either the pump is off or the sensor as I went back today and upped it to 2.4 as thats what the sticker on the car said. Reset the pressure sensor again and it showed at 2.3 so one of the two is out by 0.1.
Appreciate 0