BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2021: British GP - Silverstone (July 18)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-26-2021, 11:29 PM   #1343
HypoxicWaiter
New Member
3
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW M135i
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Kimi is a different kettle of fish
With all the drink
Appreciate 2
M5Rick32525.50
      12-27-2021, 01:38 AM   #1344
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
Ukraine
32526
Rep
12,772
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoxicWaiter View Post
With all the drink
With all the media wolves hassling him can you blame him.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #1345
SteveChester
Brigadier General
SteveChester's Avatar
United Kingdom
2195
Rep
4,476
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Wonder if Silverstone this year will be as interesting……..
__________________
Steve Roberts UK
F82 M4
I'm running the 2022 London Marathon for the British Forces Foundation - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sr77
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 02:20 PM   #1346
M2CS
Second Lieutenant
M2CS's Avatar
717
Rep
244
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
George squeezed Gasly as Pierre was already tracking to the outside. It also looks like Russell looked in the mirror before doing it.

I'd say this is much closer to an incident than what Lewis did to Max last year which was unforgivable IMO, especially with his celebrations after but Russell needs to be penalized for this - it was reckless.
Only thing Lewis did to Max at Silverstone last year was not make his car magically disappear after Max tried to squeeze him into the wall. Max turned in on Lewis which resulted in him getting an instant lesson in physics.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2022, 02:33 PM   #1347
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5720
Rep
2,587
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Only thing Lewis did to Max at Silverstone last year was not make his car magically disappear after Max tried to squeeze him into the wall. Max turned in on Lewis which resulted in him getting an instant lesson in physics.


Do you love living in fantasy land?
Appreciate 4
M5Rick32525.50
DrFerry3656.50
      07-03-2022, 02:47 PM   #1348
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
44191
Rep
20,113
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post


Do you love living in fantasy land?
HAM onboard at Copse ...

Name:  contact.png
Views: 198
Size:  492.2 KB
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE F1 WORLD CHAMPION - THE NUMBER 1

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick32525.50
DrFerry3656.50
      07-03-2022, 03:19 PM   #1349
M2CS
Second Lieutenant
M2CS's Avatar
717
Rep
244
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post


Do you love living in fantasy land?
What's that supposed to show other than exactly what I said? Max tried to squeeze HAM into the wall, HAM didn't back out, Max turned into HAM, Max got the bad end of the stick, but it's fantasy to think Lewis can make his car disappear or two objects can occupy the same space at the same time. Sucked for MAX, but that's what bully tactics get ya sometimes.
Appreciate 3
minn1911937.50
      07-03-2022, 03:24 PM   #1350
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
Ukraine
32526
Rep
12,772
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
What's that supposed to show other than exactly what I said? Max tried to squeeze HAM into the wall, HAM didn't back out, Max turned into HAM, Max got the bad end of the stick, but it's fantasy to think Lewis can make his car disappear or two objects can occupy the same space at the same time. Sucked for MAX, but that's what bully tactics get ya sometimes.
Disagree. HAM caused collision by bloody mindedly staying in the middle of track when normal line would be more to the right for him.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2022, 03:30 PM   #1351
M2CS
Second Lieutenant
M2CS's Avatar
717
Rep
244
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Disagree. HAM caused collision by bloody mindedly staying in the middle of track when normal line would be more to the right for him.
They both went into the corner hot, but look at HAM's wheel before the collision. HAM never turned towards MAX, he was turning into the corner and on corner entry it could be argued that HAM had the line and MAX should've yielded. Either way, MAX's style is to never give an inch so instead of giving an inch he received a trackside barrier. It's done and over.
Appreciate 2
minn1911937.50
      07-03-2022, 03:35 PM   #1352
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
5414
Rep
3,582
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
What's that supposed to show other than exactly what I said? Max tried to squeeze HAM into the wall, HAM didn't back out, Max turned into HAM, Max got the bad end of the stick, but it's fantasy to think Lewis can make his car disappear or two objects can occupy the same space at the same time. Sucked for MAX, but that's what bully tactics get ya sometimes.
euhhhmmmmmm
Hammy got penalized for his actions....

Max left over 1,5 carwidth room on the inside. Hammy decided that that wasn't enough....(in reality Hammy went in way too hot, his trajectory didn't even follow the racing line...)

get your facts straight.

Max left easily enough room on the inside for a car to pass. Ham rammed Max off the track.

Here's from another angle, just before they touched: Just look how much room VER left for HAM.
Easily enough to fit a F1 car, but Hammy decided not to use that space.
Remember that VER is leading into the corner, thus he can follow the racing line. All he has to do is leave enough room. And he did. That is why Hammy got penalized and VER didnt.
If it was a racing incident, none would have been penalized. But it wasn't

__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 6
M5Rick32525.50
JustinHEMI1351.50
DrFerry3656.50
NYG5720.00
      07-03-2022, 03:51 PM   #1353
Jiren
Second Lieutenant
18
Rep
299
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
euhhhmmmmmm
Hammy got penalized for his actions....

Max left over 1,5 carwidth room on the inside. Hammy decided that that wasn't enough....(in reality Hammy went in way too hot, his trajectory didn't even follow the racing line...)

get your facts straight.

Max left easily enough room on the inside for a car to pass. Ham rammed Max off the track.

Here's from another angle, just before they touched: Just look how much room VER left for HAM.
Easily enough to fit a F1 car, but Hammy decided not to use that space.
Remember that VER is leading into the corner, thus he can follow the racing line. All he has to do is leave enough room. And he did. That is why Hammy got penalized and VER didnt.
If it was a racing incident, none would have been penalized. But it wasn't

Looks an awful lot like max driving into and cutting off Ham
Appreciate 5
M2CS717.00
minn1911937.50
      07-03-2022, 03:53 PM   #1354
M2CS
Second Lieutenant
M2CS's Avatar
717
Rep
244
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
euhhhmmmmmm
Hammy got penalized for his actions....

Max left over 1,5 carwidth room on the inside. Hammy decided that that wasn't enough....(in reality Hammy went in way too hot, his trajectory didn't even follow the racing line...)

get your facts straight.

Max left easily enough room on the inside for a car to pass. Ham rammed Max off the track.

Here's from another angle, just before they touched: Just look how much room VER left for HAM.
Easily enough to fit a F1 car, but Hammy decided not to use that space.
Remember that VER is leading into the corner, thus he can follow the racing line. All he has to do is leave enough room. And he did. That is why Hammy got penalized and VER didnt.
If it was a racing incident, none would have been penalized. But it wasn't

MAX didn't willingly leave any room, he also went into the corner hot and turned in late that's why he's positioned where he is. Both drivers were in hot, but the driver that initiated the contact was MAX.

Had MAX not have flown off track into the barrier, it's unlikely HAM would've received any penalty because he really didn't do anything but hold his ground.
Appreciate 2
minn1911937.50
      07-03-2022, 04:15 PM   #1355
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
5414
Rep
3,582
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
MAX didn't willingly leave any room, he also went into the corner hot and turned in late that's why he's positioned where he is. Both drivers were in hot, but the driver that initiated the contact was MAX.

Had MAX not have flown off track into the barrier, it's unlikely HAM would've received any penalty because he really didn't do anything but hold his ground.
Look at the picture. There's more than enough room for hammy.
Hammy got penalized for it, not Max....
If Hammy was nothing to blame, he wouldn't have gotten penalized, it would have been a racing incident. But it wasn't....
Clearly you don't understand the issue, clearly you don't understand the FIA's reasoning.
Hammy didn't use the room that Max left him on the inside (that huge gap just right there.....)

__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
      07-03-2022, 04:16 PM   #1356
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
Ukraine
32526
Rep
12,772
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
euhhhmmmmmm
Hammy got penalized for his actions....

Max left over 1,5 carwidth room on the inside. Hammy decided that that wasn't enough....(in reality Hammy went in way too hot, his trajectory didn't even follow the racing line...)

get your facts straight.

Max left easily enough room on the inside for a car to pass. Ham rammed Max off the track.

Here's from another angle, just before they touched: Just look how much room VER left for HAM.
Easily enough to fit a F1 car, but Hammy decided not to use that space.
Remember that VER is leading into the corner, thus he can follow the racing line. All he has to do is leave enough room. And he did. That is why Hammy got penalized and VER didnt.
If it was a racing incident, none would have been penalized. But it wasn't

After stewards found HAM responsible for causing a collision they failed to take further action when he said that he'd knowingly do the same again.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #1357
M2CS
Second Lieutenant
M2CS's Avatar
717
Rep
244
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Look at the picture. There's more than enough room for hammy.
Hammy got penalized for it, not Max....
If Hammy was nothing to blame, he wouldn't have gotten penalized, it would have been a racing incident. But it wasn't....
Clearly you don't understand the issue, clearly you don't understand the FIA's reasoning.
Hammy didn't use the room that Max left him on the inside (that huge gap just right there.....)
You can't always look at a picture to tell the story of what's happening in the situation because it's not providing context. Both drivers were fighting for position and went into a corner hot. So you can't use their normal turn-in points or the usual apex to judge them because neither used their normal turn-in due to the on track battle.

Funny how you have to ignore MAX trying to squeeze HAM into the wall moments before the corner, to claim HAM is so wrong for not yielding to MAX. So if when MAX squeezed HAM toward the wall, HAM hit the wall then crashed into MAX is that a racing incident? Is that MAX or HAM's fault? You feel it's good hard racing for MAX to squeeze HAM to the wall, but HAM's judgement is flawed for not giving way to MAX even though HAM had pulled right along side MAX at the normal turn-in point?

Again, it's an old incident but MAX turned into HAM. RD made several BS calls and no calls throughout last year so the claim that well HAM got a penalty (it was a light penalty anyway) doesn't mean much.
Appreciate 2
minn1911937.50
      07-03-2022, 07:49 PM   #1358
br438
Private First Class
205
Rep
170
Posts

Drives: 2022 X30 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
MAX didn't willingly leave any room, he also went into the corner hot and turned in late that's why he's positioned where he is. Both drivers were in hot, but the driver that initiated the contact was MAX.

Had MAX not have flown off track into the barrier, it's unlikely HAM would've received any penalty because he really didn't do anything but hold his ground.
You can't hold your ground when you are closing on a car from .. and not midway on a car approaching the apex.

That shunt - without which Hamilton would've been out of the championship contention... even though the FIA was kind in penalties the day of... that shunt cost Hamilton any chance of the FIA and F1 being able to allow him to win a close championship. His disdain for the safety of Max was his undoing last season. It was never said out loud, but the small decisions for the rest of the season by the FIA were made on a concrete pathway that Lewis himself poured and shaped.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick32525.50
      07-03-2022, 07:58 PM   #1359
M2CS
Second Lieutenant
M2CS's Avatar
717
Rep
244
Posts

Drives: M2 CS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
You can't hold your ground when you are closing on a car from .. and not midway on a car approaching the apex.

That shunt - without which Hamilton would've been out of the championship contention... even though the FIA was kind in penalties the day of... that shunt cost Hamilton any chance of the FIA and F1 being able to allow him to win a close championship. His disdain for the safety of Max was his undoing last season. It was never said out loud, but the small decisions for the rest of the season by the FIA were made on a concrete pathway that Lewis himself poured and shaped.
Tell that to Max, he does it routinely and much worse.
Appreciate 2
minn1911937.50
      07-05-2022, 02:32 PM   #1360
SteveChester
Brigadier General
SteveChester's Avatar
United Kingdom
2195
Rep
4,476
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
You guys still bitching about this - move on!

Great race this year.
__________________
Steve Roberts UK
F82 M4
I'm running the 2022 London Marathon for the British Forces Foundation - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sr77
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 02:45 PM   #1361
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5720
Rep
2,587
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Both drivers were fighting for position and went into a corner hot.
Max was within the limits of his grip on the outside of the corner. It was Lewis who went beyond the limit of his front end on a tighter entry.

All it takes is 2 seconds of in car footage to see which car held its line through the corner and which didn't.

Lewis almost killed another driver then celebrated like he just won the championship. That's one of the many reasons why the whole world was celebrating Max's victory. Type in "abu dhabi 2021 reaction" on youtube and enjoy.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick32525.50
      07-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #1362
rwheels
Captain
6518
Rep
996
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: May 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
You guys still bitching about this - move on!

Great race this year.
I foresee this.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #1363
NYG
Colonel
NYG's Avatar
United_States
5720
Rep
2,587
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Lmaooooooooo - this guy is such a dirt bag.

Name:  lul.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  173.9 KB
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST