BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 Windshield replacement/Recalibration

03-26-2023, 09:39 AM   #1
Jbxndo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Question F20 Windshield replacement/Recalibration

Hey all,

So I got my windshield replaced through insurance in Feb. This was done through O'brien Autoglass here in Aus.

They had issues recalibrating it after the installation as it wasn't letting them do so and informed me that I would have to go to Auto Classic to get it recalibrated.

I was left with two warnings which occurred after the installation :
- Pedestrian Alert Failure
- Front-end collision warning failure

After my appointment with Auto Classic last week. They recalibrated it but upon picking it up the errors were still there. I asked why they were still there and they said that it has nothing to do with the recalibration even asking if I was in an accident. Which I have not.

Just wanted to get a general opinion on this, if anyone knows what the root of the issue could be?
I just got booked in again with Auto Classic on MAY 9th (long way away I know) so they can diagnose the issue and see what's caused it.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 01:59 PM   #2
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

sounds like the camera is not correct installed on the windshieldbracket..
oem windshield? when checked by shop and it is correct installed and correct calibrated ( Calibration reset, then drive for about 3 miles to recalibrate, no special tolls etc. needed) you have a faulty windshiled
Appreciate 0