BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Bluetooth OEM Mic Location

08-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
rikarudo
Registered
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series 116i

Bluetooth OEM Mic Location

Hi!

I am considering the hypothesis of retrofitting Bluetooth in my F20 -- I know, it was stupid not ordering it when I bought the car.

According to my dealer, BMW is not offering retrofits for Bluetooth (and if it were, probably it would be really expensive), and so I am thinking about installing a FISCON kit, that supposedly fully integrates with the iDrive.

The issue is this, I want the retrofit to be "invisible", and for accomplishing this, the microphone should be installed in its OEM location. So, does anybody know where is the microphone located? Photos would be great!

I have already taken one of the covers of the map light, and I don't see any space reserved for a mic. Is it hidden further? Is it in another location?

Thank you!
Best regards,

Rikarudo
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
pfreidl90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116i

the little ribbed plastic between the roof handle and the sun visor...

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
rikarudo
Registered
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series 116i

Ok. Thank you very much!

Well that leaves out using the OEM location, as I would have to cut through the headlining to put the mic there. Cars without BT don't have that plastic piece (or any covered hole there).

Best regards,

Rikarudo
Appreciate 0