BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Cylinder 4 misfire after heavy acceleration

08-24-2023, 11:42 AM   #1
Herby303
England
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 325i (2008)

Cylinder 4 misfire after heavy acceleration

Hi,

I had to pull onto a busy motorway from a service station so put my foot down to get out. As I did it a warning came up on the Idrive "Drivetrain" and the engine light was flashing.

I managed to get home slowly as it was running rough and was limiting the power/torque or whatever the limp home mode does. It was rattling and wobbling too. Got the codes up on my cheap ODB and it was "p0304 Cylinder 4 misfire".

I know there's a lot of posts about this code on here but before I start buying coils and plugs I thought id check if it could be anything else due to the fact I was accelerating hard.

Has anybody else had this when you put your foot down? Maybe it was just coincidence and the plugs/coils needed changing anyway. Hoping it's not something more pricey. I let it sit for an hour and tried driving it, but its still misfiring.

BMW 1 Series F20 2012 1.6 47,000 Miles

Cheers
Appreciate 0