BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > New '95 3-Series Project

03-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
zsonance
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1995 325is

Question New '95 3-Series Project

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, and I'm also new to BMW's in general. I wanted to to see if some of you guys could put yourselves in my shoes and let me know what you would do in my situation.

I aquired a black '95 325is for very cheap, although the only problem I have now is I don't have a key to start the car. Also, the ignition itself seems like it could be broken as well...(if you put a different key there is no resistance it just spins around in circles.) I talked with the dealership, and of course they could give me a whole new ignition cylinder with a new key cut and everything, but since it's the dealership it would probably cost me the most.

Anyone have any ideas of what else I could do now in this situation? Or any specific places I could take it that might save me a buck or two? any questions please ask

Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

i think that's your only choice, you can try tischer, especially if you want something stock, i'm not sure if aftermarkets would work
Appreciate 0