BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #1013
Joekerr
Banned
7929
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
He's already done the meeting w/kids thing, though. She OBVIOUSLY likes him. SEAL THE DEAL before she rolls out.
I know that. You know that. In fact, 100% of the respondents in this thread (aside from doc himself) know that.

But if he needs to lean on them one more time then fine, but after I think he needs to realize that he's got all the info he needs to know she's into him and go for it sans kids. Plan on an actual night out, just her and him.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #1014
________
________
4159
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

At this point I think he's uncertain he wants to make a move with her for various reasons (maybe it's not been long since she's or he's divorced, maybe he's trying to identify if she's a cougar or a gold digger first, maybe he's concerned about how the situation will play out with all the kids, maybe he's not attracted to her but it's hard to say no to her basically asking him out)
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #1015
Joekerr
Banned
7929
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
....well yeah, this is given no? Since this IS the internet I'd also like to add that the only reason I don't post in the "What's on your wrist?" thread is because I don't want to bust the bubble of those guys bank accounts.
It's funny - we have different reasons for not posting in the "what's on your wrist" thread, but at the end of the day, it is because we both have their best interests in mind.

In my case, it is because all I have on my wrist is hair. Coarse hair. Almost pube like, but a little softer and sits flatter. And I don't want them to have to suffer from that imagery.

You however, well, clearly I have no problem with putting you through said horrible mental images. Maybe you can tell work you have PTSD, and list BP as the cause. I'd like to see how that would work out.

My boss is a jerk of the highest order, so I know if I approached him with that, it would never work.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #1016
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
13154
Rep
1,965
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
At this point I think he's uncertain he wants to make a move with her for various reasons (maybe it's not been long since she's or he's divorced, maybe he's trying to identify if she's a cougar or a gold digger first, maybe he's concerned about how the situation will play out with all the kids, maybe he's not attracted to her but it's hard to say no to her basically asking him out)
She could be a succubus...
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      10-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #1017
________
________
4159
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
At this point I think he's uncertain he wants to make a move with her for various reasons (maybe it's not been long since she's or he's divorced, maybe he's trying to identify if she's a cougar or a gold digger first, maybe he's concerned about how the situation will play out with all the kids, maybe he's not attracted to her but it's hard to say no to her basically asking him out)
She could be a succubus...
Aren't they all?
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      10-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #1018
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Aren't they all?
Preach!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      10-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #1019
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
....well yeah, this is given no? Since this IS the internet I'd also like to add that the only reason I don't post in the "What's on your wrist?" thread is because I don't want to bust the bubble of those guys bank accounts.
The only thing on my wrist is Emma Stone. Oh wait...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #1020
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
It's funny - we have different reasons for not posting in the "what's on your wrist" thread, but at the end of the day, it is because we both have their best interests in mind.

In my case, it is because all I have on my wrist is hair. Coarse hair. Almost pube like, but a little softer and sits flatter. And I don't want them to have to suffer from that imagery.

You however, well, clearly I have no problem with putting you through said horrible mental images. Maybe you can tell work you have PTSD, and list BP as the cause. I'd like to see how that would work out.

My boss is a jerk of the highest order, so I know if I approached him with that, it would never work.
We found Bigfoot!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #1021
Joekerr
Banned
7929
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
We found Bigfoot!
.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
      10-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #1022
________
________
4159
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

And I'm here thinking Doc is coming back saying the only thing he's got on his wrist is Danielle...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #1023
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
7422
Rep
11,837
Posts

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: L.I. NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
we're meeting at the school for the boys halloween spooktacular. rumor has it they are not letting parents stay this year due to THEM eating all the candy last year. I told her if thats the case then we're going for a drink, and I said it like a boss
start with this!
Appreciate 3
      10-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #1024
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
And I'm here thinking Doc is coming back saying the only thing he's got on his wrist is Danielle...
He's gonna be giving himself a wrister if he doesn't step it up.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #1025
aozer
Lieutenant
aozer's Avatar
995
Rep
598
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

so ive been seeing that bumble girl i met with like a month back that i mentioned on here, but im just not feeling it.

i dont know why. shes nice, loyal, attractive, always cooks me some good ass food, and we have a good time together. when i think about it logically, she should be perfect, but i just dont get excited to see her. i kind of want to break it off but i feel like i will end up regretting it as soon as i get back into the shit life of online dating again.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #1026
________
________
4159
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
so ive been seeing that bumble girl i met with like a month back that i mentioned on here, but im just not feeling it.

i dont know why. shes nice, loyal, attractive, always cooks me some good ass food, and we have a good time together. when i think about it logically, she should be perfect, but i just dont get excited to see her. i kind of want to break it off but i feel like i will end up regretting it as soon as i get back into the shit life of online dating again.
You already have your answer.

Don't settle just for settling. You'll regret it in the future.

And you don't have to go back to Bumble. That's what got you in this position in the first place.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #1027
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
so ive been seeing that bumble girl i met with like a month back that i mentioned on here, but im just not feeling it.

i dont know why. shes nice, loyal, attractive, always cooks me some good ass food, and we have a good time together. when i think about it logically, she should be perfect, but i just dont get excited to see her. i kind of want to break it off but i feel like i will end up regretting it as soon as i get back into the shit life of online dating again.
You don't know why? You sound young.

The grass is always greener on the other side...till you get there.

Why did it take a month for you to not be "feeling it"?
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #1028
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
You already have your answer.

Don't settle just for settling. You'll regret it in the future.

And you don't have to go back to Bumble. That's what got you in this position in the first place.
Doesn't matter what app, site or supermarket you meet people in. Some don't work out. Same people on these apps are the ones we run across IRL...
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #1029
________
________
4159
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
You already have your answer.

Don't settle just for settling. You'll regret it in the future.

And you don't have to go back to Bumble. That's what got you in this position in the first place.
Doesn't matter what app, site or supermarket you meet people in. Some don't work out. Same people on these apps are the ones we run across IRL...
While what you say is true, the opposite isn't.

Same people we find on bumble and tinder are the people we meet in real life.

Some people we meet in real life are not on bumble and tinder. And those are the ones you want to meet.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #1030
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
While what you say is true, the opposite isn't.

Same people we find on bumble and tinder are the people we meet in real life.

Some people we meet in real life are not on bumble and tinder. And those are the ones you want to meet.

Cheers
So you're saying everyone on a dating app or site is not worth meeting?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #1031
________
________
4159
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
While what you say is true, the opposite isn't.

Same people we find on bumble and tinder are the people we meet in real life.

Some people we meet in real life are not on bumble and tinder. And those are the ones you want to meet.

Cheers
So you're saying everyone on a dating app or site is not worth meeting?
I'm saying that's the rule, yes.

There are exceptions, I'm sure, as there are in any rule.

EDIT: Just by principle of the matter. People in these apps usually have the wrong motivation, or mismatched desires.

Just the same way you wouldn't want to go out with a woman who got divorced last week and is "looking for a new father to my babies", the motivation to get into these apps is flawed for a meaningful relationship situation.

If both want to hook up, great. Who knows, maybe something will come out of it as well!? Rarely the case.
Appreciate 2
      10-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #1032
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
13154
Rep
1,965
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
so ive been seeing that bumble girl i met with like a month back that i mentioned on here, but im just not feeling it.

i dont know why. shes nice, loyal, attractive, always cooks me some good ass food, and we have a good time together. when i think about it logically, she should be perfect, but i just dont get excited to see her. i kind of want to break it off but i feel like i will end up regretting it as soon as i get back into the shit life of online dating again.
You already have your answer.

Don't settle just for settling. You'll regret it in the future.

And you don't have to go back to Bumble. That's what got you in this position in the first place.
Solid words here.

On the other end of the spectrum keep in the back of your mind not all women are honest, loyal, cook or attractive. As humans we tend to go for what is wrong based on how we feel and forget about sensibility. Everyone I've ever fallen for was toxic. The ones that I have dated because it looked good on paper, I was never really in to. Welcome to being human.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #1033
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
upstatedoc's Avatar
7556
Rep
2,132
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

you guys are killing me
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #1034
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
2203
Rep
2,476
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I'm saying that's the rule, yes.

There are exceptions, I'm sure, as there are in any rule.

EDIT: Just by principle of the matter. People in these apps usually have the wrong motivation, or mismatched desires.

Just the same way you wouldn't want to go out with a woman who got divorced last week and is "looking for a new father to my babies", the motivation to get into these apps is flawed for a meaningful relationship situation.

If both want to hook up, great. Who knows, maybe something will come out of it as well!? Rarely the case.
That's too much of a blanket statement. I've met a shit ton of useless women off the apps/sites, but I have also had relationships last for years with others. Bad eggs everywhere. Can't say everyone on there is no bueno.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST