BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Fuse for 2017 116d Alarm not on allocation sheet?

11-18-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
ddblades
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 116d ED

Angry Fuse for 2017 116d Alarm not on allocation sheet?

Hi guys,

Looking for the fuse for the alarm system on my BMW 116d.

I have looked at the fuse allocation sheet located in the boot fuse box however it doesn’t show, what I believe to be the standard symbol for the alarm on it.

As I believe the standard symbol for the alarm is a dot with three lines going out to the top left of the dot. However the fuse allocation sheet does not have this symbol.

Attached a photo of my allocation sheet, if anyone could help identify which fuse is the alarm that would be much appreciated
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 03:55 AM   #2
ddblades
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 116d ED

Update

Just incase anyone finds their way here looking for the same thing I’ve solved it.

So, on the allocation sheet it turns out the alarm is represented by the speaker symbol.

I removed fuse 103 and it has deactivated the alarm meaning it no longer goes off every time I lock my car. There are two fuse boards in a BMW 116 2017, one of which is incredibly easy to gain access to as it is simply under the boot lining near the battery. Literally just lift the mat up. The other is a little more awkward but still really easy and requires a 10mm spanner / socket and is located under the bonnet. On a RHD car it is located at the passenger side. Loosen the 3x 10mm plastic nuts, they are not tight and may be able to turn them by hand, they only need turning Approx 90 degrees or maybe a little more, then there is a black clip holding the plastic on, squeeze the clip and pull and the plastics will come off exposing a black box, again this has 4 clips on each side holding it on just squeeze them to undo them and the fuse box is under that lid. Really easy to do just awkward considering that is the main fuse box.

Anyway. the fuse you want for the alarm in my case was fuse 103, luckily, this is on the fuse box literally under the mat in the boot and takes 10 seconds to open the boot, lift the felt and remove the fuse.

Start the car to make sure no errors / warnings are displaying just to be safe, then leave your window down and lock the car. The car alarm should be deactivated, wait a while to double check the car alarm doesn’t go off, if it doesn’t you’re good to go. (I’d always recommend leaving a window down before locking when initially testing as well as starting the engine as some of the fuses serve dual purposes. 104 for example controls the alarm, central locking and fuel pump whilst fuse 20 isn’t listed for it, when I removed the fuse it also turned off the passenger side airbags (?). So I replaced that fuse and continued to look for a fuse which only had effect on the alarm which in MY case was 103.
Appreciate 0