BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #4995
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
When I started dating again as a newly single man, one of the first was a girl who was 5" taller than me! She was like a Amazon. Beautifully built, hair to her waist...and did I mention 5" taller. She actually had done some modeling for Vespa in the past, and also a "hand " model.

But she was also my first taste of how crazy some of them could be and I ended it. After that I was a lot more wary of the emotional health of people I would see although they hide it pretty well when they want to.

YES. Very important. There's always that saying of "hurt people will hurt people". I have been impacted by this myself. Emotional stability seems very rare these days. Lots of people who aren't necessarily unstable or crazy, but have zero regard for other people and how they treat them. Personally, I could never mistreat someone intentionally and be able to live with myself, but many have no issue with it or don't even realize it. I recently went through something with an ex where I called her on her bullshit and she claimed to have "guilt anxiety". My response was "oh, you mean feeling guilty for shit you've done?" Never heard of "guilt anxiety" before.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
Joekerr7913.50
Rmtt8201.00
      02-07-2020, 07:41 AM   #4996
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
What??
Ok, at this point I see, that not every phrase could be translated that it make sense in english, my bad.

You know the set "I wouldn't say you're fat, but when you're stop eating, two underdeveloped nations would have enough to eat"?
That means, someone is really fat.

In Germany we often use to say it like "Dude, you're not sitting onto the stool/chair, you sit the stool/chair".
That means, someones butt is kinda fat, that it covers literally the whole thing below.

Hope that'll clears it up a bit.

P.S.: And she was far beyond from this

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
      02-07-2020, 07:42 AM   #4997
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Dude, I won't complain into a too serious way, because this is the lighter side of life; but I have to admit that this hurts my feelings a bit.
She wasn't as fat as she hadn't sat onto a stool, she sat the stool or something like this. She was just more than I'd ever asked to have and even this is now more than 10 years ago, right now in this second I miss her a bit though...
Call her
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 07:44 AM   #4998
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

YES. Very important. There's always that saying of "hurt people will hurt people". I have been impacted by this myself. Emotional stability seems very rare these days. Lots of people who aren't necessarily unstable or crazy, but have zero regard for other people and how they treat them. Personally, I could never mistreat someone intentionally and be able to live with myself, but many have no issue with it or don't even realize it. I recently went through something with an ex where I called her on her bullshit and she claimed to have "guilt anxiety". My response was "oh, you mean feeling guilty for shit you've done?" Never heard of "guilt anxiety" before.
^This. I don't get it. I live by treating people the way I want to be treated. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be reciprocal.
King Rudi13065.50
      02-07-2020, 07:45 AM   #4999
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Call her
No, all which was build to last were smashed and isn't reconstructable.
That would never be fine, but I had learnt to live with it, and I think so does she.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
      02-07-2020, 07:47 AM   #5000
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Ok, at this point I see, that not every phrase could be translated that it make sense in english, my bad.

You know the set "I wouldn't say you're fat, but when you're stop eating, two underdeveloped nations would have enough to eat"?
That means, someone is really fat.

In Germany we often use to say it like "Dude, you're not sitting onto the stool/chair, you sit the stool/chair".
That means, someones butt is kinda fat, that it covers literally the whole thing below.

Hope that'll clears it up a bit.

P.S.: And she was far beyond from this
AHH I see now! Thanks for clarifying.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12482.50
      02-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #5001
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
The thing that I find so funny is girls who have requirements in their bio.

i.e.: Be over 6ft tall, etc.

Most of the girls that post that aren't even attractive to begin with.
Yep, this I don't get. Online dating is difficult enough, adding requirements basically narrows your potential candidates down to nothing. I'll have to see if I can find it, but a friend sent me a screenshot a year or so ago of this chick's Tinder profile. Her hobbies included "riding in nice cars, laying out on yachts" and other stupid shit. She was not as attractive as she probably thought.

One requirement I saw was "must live in a nice neighborhood". Too much HGTV watching I guess.

I went on a coffee date tonight and it was a fail. 32 year old blonde teacher in decent shape turned out to be a 37 year old ex-teacher (she didn't say why) who was also a smoker and TERRIBLE at conversation.

I was immediately thinking of how I would get out of it as soon as she sat down.
Did she say why she bullshitted her age and whatnot? Would've called her ass out on it immediately.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #5002
premier3is
Major
Rep

Alright boys! Got a second date with her to come in 2 weeks lol. She is supposedly busy all next week, and the week after she has time.

But... if she was interested wouldn't she free up here calendar to grab dinner again next week? Or am I just overthinking all this? She goes to the gym 5x a week, and frees up around 7... so that would be somewhat late for us to hang out and get dinner so she suggested the week after she'll work it in.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #5003
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Honestly...I believe you are over thinking it. In a situation like that, I would be acting like it's not a big deal.....lining something else up if you have options, and let her be the pursuer.
      02-08-2020, 12:26 PM   #5004
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Alright boys! Got a second date with her to come in 2 weeks lol. She is supposedly busy all next week, and the week after she has time.

But... if she was interested wouldn't she free up here calendar to grab dinner again next week? Or am I just overthinking all this? She goes to the gym 5x a week, and frees up around 7... so that would be somewhat late for us to hang out and get dinner so she suggested the week after she'll work it in.
It's puzzling that she's not able to find time until then. I don't think 7 is too late for dinner. Or is she not eating dinner during that whole time? How 'bout lunch? People find time to do the things they want to do.

Rmtt is right, though. Have a couple other dates with other people in the meantime, to get perspective. This thing will be what it is...whatever that is. It's out of your control, so don't obsess over it.
      02-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #5005
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Honestly...I believe you are over thinking it. In a situation like that, I would be acting like it's not a big deal.....lining something else up if you have options, and let her be the pursuer.
Trying to line up more option as well, but you know how online dating is lol. It is a mission to find someone decent lol.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8201.00
      02-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #5006
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Quote:

It's puzzling that she's not able to find time until then. I don't think 7 is too late for dinner. Or is she not eating dinner during that whole time? How 'bout lunch? People find time to do the things they want to do.

Rmtt is right, though. Have a couple other dates with other people in the meantime, to get perspective. This thing will be what it is...whatever that is. It's out of your control, so don't obsess over it.
That's what I'm saying, if she really wanted to meet up she'd make time to get together. Females man.. can never understand them.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #5007
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's what I'm saying, if she really wanted to meet up she'd make time to get together. Females man.. can never understand them.
You can't trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives.
MKSixer34102.00
      02-08-2020, 01:02 PM   #5008
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Trying to line up more option as well, but you know how online dating is lol. It is a mission to find someone decent lol.
Try this....line up options that you don't expect anything serious to come out of it. Approach it as you are looking for someone to accompany you out just to have fun. No strings attached.

Like one poster said....cast a net and see what bites. Of course don't settle for some hag, but if they look decent enough and willing to go out for company....go for it.

When I was doing this, I would have a different date each night....sometimes 2 different dates in the same day.

I wasn't interested in being serious with anybody, and that attitude seemed to permeate out to anyone around me....and I guess they figured it was a challenge as it was hard to get rid of them.
      02-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #5009
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Try this....line up options that you don't expect anything serious to come out of it. Approach it as you are looking for someone to accompany you out just to have fun. No strings attached.

Like one poster said....cast a net and see what bites. Of course don't settle for some hag, but if they look decent enough and willing to go out for company....go for it.

When I was doing this, I would have a different date each night....sometimes 2 different dates in the same day.

I wasn't interested in being serious with anybody, and that attitude seemed to permeate out to anyone around me....and I guess they figured it was a challenge as it was hard to get rid of them.
Gona give it a shot... been slacking on it lol. Let's see if I catch any fish

Shit kinda turned me off by her wanting to wait 2 weeks before meeting up again. If you wanted to hang out, you'd make time one way or the other.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8201.00
      02-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #5010
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

That's the spirit. Be selfish.....it's all about you. You can do that and be cordial at the same time. Just look at it as practice. After awhile of doing that, you learn to read people quickly.

If she can't make time for you, she's not worth your time
MKSixer34102.00
      02-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #5011
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
When I started dating again as a newly single man, one of the first was a girl who was 5" taller than me! She was like a Amazon. Beautifully built, hair to her waist...and did I mention 5" taller. She actually had done some modeling for Vespa in the past, and also a "hand " model.

But she was also my first taste of how crazy some of them could be and I ended it. After that I was a lot more wary of the emotional health of people I would see although they hide it pretty well when they want to.
So, she was like what, 5' 4"???
Rmtt8201.00
      02-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #5012
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

This is what I have been doing for years. If I meet someone that sticks, awesome. Otherwise, at least I'm getting laid.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #5013
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Write her off. Women that do that are not serious about you and/or meeting someone good. Been there done that.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 08:26 AM   #5014
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I was supposed to have a new date last night. It was supposed to be 6 PM then it turned into 6:15 then 6:22 then she texts "parked" & a few more minutes go by still nothing (The lot is across the damn street from the place!!!!)

Told her I'd meet her outside the place beforehand so I'm there in the cold waiting. She finally waltzes over asking if I'm Tom. I said "I might be" she asks again so I said the same. Bitch did you never look at my pics or what?!

What does she do? Just turns & goes inside the place. Don't let me walk over or hold the door for me or anything. I said F this cunt & just went home.

A minute or 2 later, I get a text from her "I'm inside" Is she super stupid, an asshole or both? I told her off & blocked her # at that point.

Can ya tell I'm fed up with dating & this society?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #5015
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
I was supposed to have a new date last night. It was supposed to be 6 PM then it turned into 6:15 then 6:22 then she texts "parked" & a few more minutes go by still nothing (The lot is across the damn street from the place!!!!)

Told her I'd meet her outside the place beforehand so I'm there in the cold waiting. She finally waltzes over asking if I'm Tom. I said "I might be" she asks again so I said the same. Bitch did you never look at my pics or what?!

What does she do? Just turns & goes inside the place. Don't let me walk over or hold the door for me or anything. I said F this cunt & just went home.

A minute or 2 later, I get a text from her "I'm inside" Is she super stupid, an asshole or both? I told her off & blocked her # at that point.

You did her a favor. You were a jerk
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2020, 08:47 AM   #5016
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Brother, I appreciate your frustration. But you seem a little fried and a little bitter. Maybe it's time to take a break. I think you may be in a place where even if you met someone cool, you wouldn't be very receptive to it/her. Just my thoughts, one guy to another.