BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Artists?

03-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #23
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

"Vin Diesel is Daniel Boone, an epic masterpiece created in a simple internet forum topic named "MSPaint Vin Diesel". Amongst the many artistic renditions Vin Diesel is Daniel Boone was the one that stood out the most, and even despite the artist's "im sorry" apology after the post, obviously evidence of his modesty, this work of art will stay in our heads and our hearts forever"
That's funny stuff...

I love Vin Diesel... I mean I don't LOVE HIM, but you know what I mean.
      03-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #24
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

"Vin Diesel is Daniel Boone, an epic masterpiece created in a simple internet forum topic named "MSPaint Vin Diesel". Amongst the many artistic renditions Vin Diesel is Daniel Boone was the one that stood out the most, and even despite the artist's "im sorry" apology after the post, obviously evidence of his modesty, this work of art will stay in our heads and our hearts forever"
That's very... impressionistic.
      03-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #25
joerockets
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 335 coupe

Here's some stuff I did for school and work

03-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #26
joerockets
Enlisted Member
Rep

more

03-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #27
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerockets View Post
more

Man, you can kiss my butt, One of the things I WISH I could do, is illustration like this...

It's horrible, I love anime, I love comic Books, read heavy Metal all my life and yet? The art escapes me... :mad:

Bastid...
      03-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #28
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

wow some reaaally great stuff in here

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #29
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

WOW, some real talent on this board.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #30
joerockets
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Man, you can kiss my butt, One of the things I WISH I could do, is illustration like this...

It's horrible, I love anime, I love comic Books, read heavy Metal all my life and yet? The art escapes me... :mad:

Bastid...
I'm glad you appreciate the drawings.

We used to have this message board at work where people would come up with a subject/theme and we'd draw something to represent it...sorta like art excercises. I wish I knew what happened to it, I think you would enjoy it.
      03-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #31
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerockets View Post
I'm glad you appreciate the drawings.

We used to have this message board at work where people would come up with a subject/theme and we'd draw something to represent it...sorta like art excercises. I wish I knew what happened to it, I think you would enjoy it.
This is a pretty cool thread.

Maybe you could more fully describe this message board with a subject/theme thing. Perhaps it is something that is feasible in separate threads here on e90post.

Have one master thread with the first post updated with links to the the other individual threads.

But maybe there aren't enough artists who would participate here.

It might be interesting to try.

How about it, man?
      03-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #32
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Bread Truck

Bread Truck

Fiction

Journal 1978-1979

The tall pointed crests crept up on the sandy carpet beneath and deposited themselves as a quick white foam and a light spray with a soothing, rythemic clarity distinct to breakwater.

It was a clear, uncast day of deep blue skies and bright yellow sunlight that warmed all to happiness. A comfortable enough day to go without a shirt.

Now it was sunset, rather unspectacular but nice with a sailboat peeking over the horizon, I, waiting for it ot land.

Appeared above, was a bright white point of light reminiscent of Venus at closest proximity to earth. Almost too brilliant to be natural; the first light in the sky that evening. It held my gaze for a long while.

Now the brown and beige small high-masted sailing yacht appeared waning, leaving me anxious for its arrival. A small light flickered a signal at me from the deck. I signaled my response and waited.

Once again it queried in code for location. Again, I responded.

The sea was calm and the twilight long and all was right. The exchange seemingly to take place without a hitch.

When the boat was just a few hundred yards off shore I backed the bread truck to the waters edge, waiting for my delivery.*fp4

Now things happened quickly, the sailboat landed and the crew hurried to unload the boats holds into the back of my bread truck. Each small two by tyo crate was worth $3,000.00 to my bank account and now I had 40 of them.

Scott Wells

transcribed 4/6/86
      03-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #33
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

A Robin

Since I have had a little bit of a cat theme in the last couple days, I thought I would share this.

A Robin

"There, a robin, hunting for worms. Must kill robin, prove myself to clan."

The cat came from behind a bush silently. Low in the grass with tensed muscles all ready to work when it came to the right moment, he crept slowly toward the robin from behind.

The bird hops forward a couple inches, tilts his head to the ground to listen for worms crawling around and does it again.

"Wait til bird catches worm. Must not fail."

The bird hops forward, ear to the ground. A worm! The bird snatches it up in his beak and starts to swallow it.

"Now. Must not fail. Now!"

The cat ran with all his muscles working. The bird doesn't notice until it's too late.

Pounce! "Go for the neck." The cat latched on to the bird's neck with his powerful jaws. The bird writhed with pain as the warm red liquid began to pour out of his neck.

The cat carried the bird to the alley as the life ran out of it. He drops the bird in front of three other cats. They hesitated a second, and then began to eat.

"I am now a member of the clan. No more worries."

Scott Wells
2nd period 5/12/77

transcribed 4/23/86
      03-28-2007, 02:32 AM   #34
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Nice, You wouldn't happen to have any family in Colorado would you?
      03-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #35
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Nature's Finest
Journal 1979-1980

Just over the craggy boulders and fallen trees there lies a crystal blue lake; a lake of peaceful mystery; a lake of untouched glory; a lake that resides within the long dormant craddle of a weathered volcano.
Will this peaceful God allow the presence of a longtime searching man such as myself?
The presence of beauty entertwined with serenity is unmistakeable. Such a presence I have never felt before. Accross the way, just within a thin grove of trees, there rests nature itself in a young fawn and it's mother doe. A fine scent of pine mingled with that of flower blossoms just enriches the flavor of beauty.
On the lake, near one shore, a pair of trumpeter swans and their young congregate among the cat-tails and tall grasses.
I never believed I would find my dream but I need not look farther. Alone I will sit and enjoy. It is beautiful. It is perfect. I cannot put end to such thoughtfulness of God. This is His place, just for Him and nature at its finest.
Where shall I turn to, now that I have entered the residence of God? I will leave, not to return, for this is no place for the presence of man.

-Scott Wells

10-20-79
transcribed 4/6/86
transcribed on my girl's birthdate
      03-28-2007, 02:46 AM   #36
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:

Bastid...
hey did u do the coloring by urself? that is nice!
      03-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #37
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice, You wouldn't happen to have any family in Colorado would you?
I have a lot of family in Washington. Some in Arkansas, Nebraska, Florida, Germany, and not sure where the rest are now.

Maybe some extended familiy in Columbia, Mexico, Thailand, Jamaica, Chicago, and Sicily. (j/k)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #38
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I have a lot of family in Washington. Some in Arkansas, Nebraska, Florida, Germany, and not sure where the rest are now.

Maybe some extended familiy in Columbia, Mexico, Thailand, Jamaica, Chicago, and Sicily. (j/k)
Ah Just curious, thought maybe we were related... Been enjoying your posts.
      03-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #39
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTO View Post
This is the second and last charcoal drawing I ever made. It was for a girl I was crazy in love with, but never got the nerve to give it to her. Haven't had the inspiration to draw again since then.
wow man..... dont know the situation between you and her but i would think that is a sure way to get in her pants
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #40
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
The missus does kids pictures - for nurseries etc
Apologies for the 1st 3 being the wrong way round!
Attached Images

03-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #41
joerockets
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
The missus does kids pictures - for nurseries etc
Apologies for the 1st 3 being the wrong way round!
those are absolutely cool.
      03-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #42
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Hey! Some E9x artists. As some of you know, photography is (was?) a passion of mine. Here's a view camera shot with Polaroid Type 55, and an older 35mm nature shot I've always liked. These are both the same location, Great Falls VA.
Attached Images

03-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #43
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

City Of Ages

City Of Ages

Up goes the structure
To outlast all life
Built by stone masons
With much care and strife
Overgrown by the ages
With vines and plant life

All men have passed
To the dust it is seeming
City without occupants
Empty with meaning
None other to tell
Of it's past with life teeming

That history gone
Never be known again
It doesn't really matter
Since gone those dreadful men

-Scott Wells
4-20-79
transcribed 4/28/86

Last edited by scottwww; 03-29-2007 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: formatting
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #44
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The Collective Voice

The Collective Voice

People do not have much of a voice on a singular level but collectively, by sheer numbers, the people have a great power to make reality of their goals. Through the vote the people make the nation's policies. With the vote, great men - and not such great men - are put into high office, and what those men do with their power while in office is not determined by further voting. That is why those few votes cast at the elections are of such great importance. One chance is provided and if it doesn't work out, that's tough. Better luck next time.

When American's voted a landslide for Ronald Reagan in last years general election, much of America was shocked. Some people were bitter, some frightened, and others were overjoyed, but all of that is irrelevant today. The fact is that Ronald Reagan is in office now, and he will be for the next four years. He is the president, by the will of the people. The votes were counted a landslide and those that voted, but not for Reagan, must accept their new leader and give him respect.

Give him full support when it isn't asking too much. Give him your help. America needs the unity.

Times are harsh and getting harsher. This decade will see fundamental changes in the American free enterprise system, and these changes may be what America needs to ensure it's survival as the leading power in this world. America has been raised on change and cannot dwell on it's present state if it is to survive in a rapidly changing world. Americans must go with what it has and plan for what it wants.

Scott Wells, 1980
transcribed 4/21/82

Last edited by scottwww; 03-29-2007 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0