BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

08-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #4005
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Got back into online dating after a few months hiatus. Didn’t take long for me to remember how much of a negative impact this shit has on my self esteem and quality of life in general. I have a date lined up tomorrow but after that I am strongly considering pulling myself out of the dating game entirely. I am much happier alone than when I’m chasing after shitty women with over inflated egos.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13065.50
Rmtt8201.00
      08-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #4006
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Got back into online dating after a few months hiatus. Didn’t take long for me to remember how much of a negative impact this shit has on my self esteem and quality of life in general. I have a date lined up tomorrow but after that I am strongly considering pulling myself out of the dating game entirely. I am much happier alone than when I’m chasing after shitty women with over inflated egos.
That's pretty much how I felt too. I was already basically done when this girl came along. Unfortunately, she started to have the same feelings just prior to us meeting. Now, we're both dealing with uncertainty.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13065.50
Rmtt8201.00
      08-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #4007
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I've already decided that if something happens between the girlfriend and I, that I have no desire to even attempt to date. It's a rarity for me to find other people that I clique with. I've been through so much in life that unless they have struggled as well, I am completely unrelatable to them. I have plenty to do with my time and money to keep me busy, versus trying to chase after women that I'm most likely not even interested in or not even able to have a conversation with.

I get frustrated with 90% of the people I encounter, just while driving. I couldn't imagine trying to have an intellectual conversation with them.
Appreciate 4
      08-08-2019, 04:25 PM   #4008
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I've already decided that if something happens between the girlfriend and I, that I have no desire to even attempt to date. It's a rarity for me to find other people that I clique with. I've been through so much in life that unless they have struggled as well, I am completely unrelatable to them. I have plenty to do with my time and money to keep me busy, versus trying to chase after women that I'm most likely not even interested in or not even able to have a conversation with.

I get frustrated with 90% of the people I encounter, just while driving. I couldn't imagine trying to have an intellectual conversation with them.
It's like everything you said, except the bold, was coming out of my mouth.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      08-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #4009
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Lol I decided a while back online dating is stupid. Meeting someone based on a profile that’s self-promoting on an app never works out as intended.
Meeting people organically through going to happy-hours and within the circles of the hobbies I participate in has been much more fruitful.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 02:45 AM   #4010
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Lol I decided a while back online dating is stupid. Meeting someone based on a profile that’s self-promoting on an app never works out as intended.
Meeting people organically through going to happy-hours and within the circles of the hobbies I participate in has been much more fruitful.
Thats very true and I would applaude that, if people are more getting out to have some fun with real life and no stupid apps. Im sometimes too shy to go straight to others and start a chat, you are maybe right, within more or less closed circles of interests a first contact via the hobby is easier.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 06:37 AM   #4011
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Thats very true and I would applaude that, if people are more getting out to have some fun with real life and no stupid apps. Im sometimes too shy to go straight to others and start a chat, you are maybe right, within more or less closed circles of interests a first contact via the hobby is easier.
This thread is making me realize I never get out anymore. All I do is work, drive to and from work, and go to the gym. FML

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13065.50
Dang3r12483.50
Rmtt8201.00
      08-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #4012
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Apps = quick easy sex & maybe 3 face-to-face get togethers, then one ghosts the other. Great for meeting shallow social media types who think they are worth far more than reality.

Truth be told, the less social media presence someone has, in my opinion, the better the person they are. Without diving to deep into this topic, social media is nothing more than self promotion.....good people don't need to promote themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
This thread is making me realize I never get out anymore. All I do is work, drive to and from work, and go to the gym. FML
Brother, there is nothing at all wrong with that. Sounds like a pretty responsible individual to me. I can assure you, those that portray the great social media life are anything but responsible or financially secure. Typically those who have something, don't have to advertise they have it. They mostly don't want anyone to know, so that someone doesn't try to take it from them.
Appreciate 4
Dang3r12483.50
Rmtt8201.00
      08-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #4013
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

To put social media into another point of view:
To power the whole internet, including military, firms, state…. are at least 4 full blown nuclear power plants necessary.
Now subtract all exept social media and you need 5 or 6 big coal- or other powerplants.
The Friday for future kids are sitting every Friday and demonstrate for less CO2 pollution, while filming, gaming, photoshooting or surfing with their smartphones.
At home they have to recharge it with power from what? Watercraft? Totally alternative energies? C'mon kids, get real. As long as nobody mentions your personal CO2 footstep caused by social media and its needed power from somewhat, dont start complaining against more necessary things...like my big car

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      08-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #4014
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I’m too quiet and shy to do that.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #4015
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Apps = quick easy sex & maybe 3 face-to-face get togethers, then one ghosts the other. Great for meeting shallow social media types who think they are worth far more than reality.

Truth be told, the less social media presence someone has, in my opinion, the better the person they are. Without diving to deep into this topic, social media is nothing more than self promotion.....good people don't need to promote themselves.
Idk, I have no social media at all but I’m still an asshole.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8201.00
Dang3r12483.50
      08-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #4016
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm on instagram but rarely do I ever post anything....I'm an asshole too. Being an asshole doesn't make you a bad person. In my opinion it makes you a realist who is aware of your surroundings and the people that accompany said surroundings.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8201.00
      08-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #4017
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'm on instagram but rarely do I ever post anything....I'm an asshole too. Being an asshole doesn't make you a bad person. In my opinion it makes you a realist who is aware of your surroundings and the people that accompany said surroundings.
Here's to assholes.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8201.00
      08-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #4018
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
A's in da house lol
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8201.00
      08-10-2019, 02:29 AM   #4019
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Same here my friend. Plus I rarely sleep, so I wait a lot!
      08-10-2019, 02:31 AM   #4020
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Brother, there is nothing at all wrong with that. Sounds like a pretty responsible individual to me. I can assure you, those that portray the great social media life are anything but responsible or financially secure. Typically those who have something, don't have to advertise they have it. They mostly don't want anyone to know, so that someone doesn't try to take it from them.

Same here. Aside from this forum and the corvette forum.....I don't do any social media. Never had a Facebook account in my life!
      08-10-2019, 07:26 AM   #4021
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
it's even better to be an asshole with social media because so much more can fly hahah

girls use social media to vet people if they meet on dating apps and not irl, some girls do it as "oh he doesn't get enough likes forget him" but some girls actually make sure you exist and basically aren't out to kill them

as far as apps go, im very close to deleting all of it. i'm either uglier than i thought in terms of these apps or something fundamentally is wrong (my name maybe? it's not a white name). i know it's not the first one, im not a greek god looking guy but I'm definitely not ugly either. the girls i can meet and get involved with in person are NOT the girls that match with me on these apps.

but sometimes the lower head gets the better of me so i keep on swiping
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      08-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #4022
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
it's even better to be an asshole with social media because so much more can fly hahah

girls use social media to vet people if they meet on dating apps and not irl, some girls do it as "oh he doesn't get enough likes forget him" but some girls actually make sure you exist and basically aren't out to kill them

as far as apps go, im very close to deleting all of it. i'm either uglier than i thought in terms of these apps or something fundamentally is wrong (my name maybe? it's not a white name). i know it's not the first one, im not a greek god looking guy but I'm definitely not ugly either. the girls i can meet and get involved with in person are NOT the girls that match with me on these apps.

Lol..... Don't be so sure. I just sent you my linked in profile and it has my picture.

I think I'm above average from the neck down, never gave much thought to my appearance.....but never had any issues!
      08-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #4023
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

every mildly attractive girl on a dating app is going to have literally thousands of guys to pick from. if you arent in the top few percentile in terms of looks it is hard to get noticed.

i had the worst date of my life last night. i actually deleted my bumble account during the date while she watched lol. im done with that shit.
Appreciate 2
      08-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #4024
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Lol..... Don't be so sure. I just sent you my linked in profile and it has my picture.

I think I'm above average from the neck down, never gave much thought to my appearance.....but never had any issues!
same goes for me, you've seen my picture on linkedin. it is a few months old (i now have circular glasses) but roughly the same thing - the worst i'd rate myself is average to be honest. I really, really don't think I am below average in terms of looks body or face

Quote:
every mildly attractive girl on a dating app is going to have literally thousands of guys to pick from. if you arent in the top few percentile in terms of looks it is hard to get noticed.

i had the worst date of my life last night. i actually deleted my bumble account during the date while she watched lol. im done with that shit.
yeah i guess that makes sense.

How/why was it the worst date?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8201.00
      08-11-2019, 03:48 AM   #4025
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
same goes for me, you've seen my picture on linkedin. it is a few months old (i now have circular glasses) but roughly the same thing - the worst i'd rate myself is average to be honest. I really, really don't think I am below average in terms of looks body or face

I never have thought about rating myself....but I'm older and and have never had social media. That pic of me on Linked In is about 2 years old. I should post it in the Fitness. Forum to prove that I still have hair and it hasn't fell out from all the "ahem.....supplements" I supposedly use!

But I never had trouble with women....in fact most of my action was from them approaching me first.

Maybe it's the vibe I give off!

Now I just need to get Linked with @Now_Rudi
      08-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #4026
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:

I never have thought about rating myself....but I'm older and and have never had social media. That pic of me on Linked In is about 2 years old. I should post it in the Fitness. Forum to prove that I still have hair and it hasn't fell out from all the "ahem.....supplements" I supposedly use!

But I never had trouble with women....in fact most of my action was from them approaching me first.

Maybe it's the vibe I give off!

Now I just need to get Linked with @Now_Rudi
it's official, i'm ugly

the kind of girl that generally approaches me... let alone not telling your boys. you wouldn't go in sober.

and yes - Now_Rudi got a linkedin?
Appreciate 0