BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Official: Alfa Romeo 4C

07-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #331
Moegviralles
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 156GTA

So attached is my scale model
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #332
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Perreby,

Yeat another very nice touch from Alfa Romeo...

So, is your Alfa 4c's production number 83?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #333
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
That's what I'm talking about here... you say you can tell a great Porsche design and you have acknowledged that the Panamera Sport Turismo concept, which has a lot of visual clues from the 991 mainly in the rear, is "definitely drop dead gorgeous", your own words and then you say you find the 981 visually appealing... that's what I honestly can't understand, let alone when compared to the Alfa 4C.

Yes absolutely. Just because he didn't influence it doesn't mean it doesn't look great..I'm ok with you disagreeing with me, you can't seem to get over the fact that People enjoy a lot of different cars. I can like both, I like Porsche period. I also like BMW's what is confusing abut that?

I was just stating my opinions. So I guess if I "LOVE" the 991 I'm not even allowed to look at a cayman lmao.

I'd rock a 993 also any day...I guess in your mind that makes me weird and distasteful because i dared to appreciate a 981.

Walter de Silva is a car design genius!

Yes.

Oh, that would be definitely good news (in my case, I mean )... and maybe then you could teach me something!

Not trying to teach you anything it's ya know all in good fun lol...gatherings, shooting the shit, talking cars. Not sure why you're taking this so serious and constantly on the offensive like you were insulted somewhere in the posts.
      07-23-2013, 05:06 AM   #334
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's what I'm talking about here... you say you can tell a great Porsche design and you have acknowledged that the Panamera Sport Turismo concept, which has a lot of visual clues from the 991 mainly in the rear, is "definitely drop dead gorgeous", your own words and then you say you find the 981 visually appealing... that's what I honestly can't understand, let alone when compared to the Alfa 4C.

Yes absolutely. Just because he didn't influence it doesn't mean it doesn't look great..I'm ok with you disagreeing with me, you can't seem to get over the fact that People enjoy a lot of different cars. I can like both, I like Porsche period. I also like BMW's what is confusing abut that?

I was just stating my opinions. So I guess if I "LOVE" the 991 I'm not even allowed to look at a cayman lmao.

I'd rock a 993 also any day...I guess in your mind that makes me weird and distasteful because i dared to appreciate a 981.

Yes.

Oh, that would be definitely good news (in my case, I mean )... and maybe then you could teach me something!

Not trying to teach you anything it's ya know all in good fun lol...gatherings, shooting the shit, talking cars. Not sure why you're taking this so serious and constantly on the offensive like you were insulted somewhere in the posts.
      07-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #335
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=GoingTooFast;14370278]That's what I'm talking about here... you say you can tell a great Porsche design and you have acknowledged that the Panamera Sport Turismo concept, which has a lot of visual clues from the 991 mainly in the rear, is "definitely drop dead gorgeous", your own words and then you say you find the 981 visually appealing... that's what I honestly can't understand, let alone when compared to the Alfa 4C.

Yes.

.[/QUOTE]

07-23-2013, 05:31 AM   #336
Moegviralles
Rep

Quote:
Perreby,

Yeat another very nice touch from Alfa Romeo...

So, is your Alfa 4c's production number 83?
Yes my car will be number 83

My year of birth
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #337
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegviralles View Post
Yes my car will be number 83

My year of birth
That's pretty cool. Do you still have the joy of horrible tax on imported cars in South Africa, or did they do away with that? I was there in 1996 and if I recall right, it was around 3x the SA made rate on imported cars, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #338
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post

I'm only expressing my views and I always do it in an honest and very upfront way and maybe because of that I sound too serious, I don't know.

But my 'Big Grin' is always present, you know...

One thing you can be certain of, if I'm saying to you that I don't understand how someone can like the 991 looks and at the same time appreciate the 981 design I'm being completely sincere - I don't!

Porsche is a very interesting example because I always get the impression that no matter what product they throw at us, people will always be seduced by the idea of having an expensive, low and fast two seater sports car that tranports us to the likes of Steve Mcqueen's movie 'Le Mans'. So, it becomes more of 'projecting ourselves onto others' image thing and looking for the WOW factor which MOST of the times results in a poor product design, marked by 'artificial' aggressiveness, and in a less dynamically accomplished product overall with the never ending quest for the engine's next BIG power output figures.

We, as customers and potential customers, must be more demanding than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
I'm sure you could teach me something out there at the track... which is a good thing because I love both to drive and learn.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #339
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Lotus Engineering talks about the Alfa 4C...

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #340
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Goingtoofast...where do you live?

You seem stuck on diesel, understand if you live overseas. But in a lot states in the US, diesel is more expensive than premium gas.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #341
Moegviralles
Rep

This is what the 4C Launch Edition with Racing exhaust sounds like when it drives past:

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #342
Moegviralles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
That's pretty cool. Do you still have the joy of horrible tax on imported cars in South Africa, or did they do away with that? I was there in 1996 and if I recall right, it was around 3x the SA made rate on imported cars, right?
We still have serious taxes on imported cars.. But government has over the years lowered the rate of taxes on imported luxury goods such as cars..

Car in SA will cost pretty much the same as it does in Europe if you do simple exchange rate calculation
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #343
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Quote:
That is an ugly pic.

You are kidding, right?!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #344
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Testing in the dust of Dubai...

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #345
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Interesting, since it has US side markers and is sitting next to a 500L, I'd guess those are US spec cars since I don't think anyone else requires the stupid orange side markers. Do you know if those were taken recently? My sister lives in Dubai, I'll ask if she's seen the 4C running around.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #346
Moegviralles
Rep

Quote:
Interesting, since it has US side markers and is sitting next to a 500L, I'd guess those are US spec cars since I don't think anyone else requires the stupid orange side markers. Do you know if those were taken recently? My sister lives in Dubai, I'll ask if she's seen the 4C running around.
The 4C will have the orange side markers all over the world.. So they building the car to meet world wide spec and not per country spec..

The 4C LE with racing exhaust sounds HOT!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #347
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
We also have US-regulation side reflectors on all cars because there wasn't the budget to do two separate versions. This last addition is one of several compromises made to create a 'federalised' 4C that can be sold in the same form worldwide.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #348
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Talking about ugly orange side reflectors and 'weird' headlights... guess whose car are those?!

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #349
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Haven't you guessed yet?

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #350
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

You realize that was a little too easy, right? As for a car with actual racing heritage, I think Fezza has a little over Alfa. Especially since the last true racing success Alfa had was when Enzo was running the scuderia.

Comparing the F458 lights to the 4C is sort of akin to comparing the 250 GTO tail lights to the C5 Corvettes, but carry on.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #351
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
GTF, yes the 4C will be more efficient than your Beamer.. Just don't expect quoted figures.. Lol!
I wish... You see, I haven't been defending diesel engines for nothing.

And, what is very interesting and probably most people don't know is that <<in 1997, Fiat in collaboration with Bosch, put into series production the Alfa Romeo 156 1.9 JTD, the world’s first vehicle with a common rail diesel engine>> which is the technology used in all modern diesel engines, namely the german ones from VW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW.

Quote:
Dr. Rinaldo Rinolfi
Executive Vice President, Director of Engines Division
Fiat Research Center

Dr. Rinaldo Rinolfi joined Fiat Research Center in 1971, after obtaining his degree in Physics from the University of Turin, and was initially involved in numerous advanced R&D projects related to electronic fuel Injection in gasoline engines and combustion in direct injection diesel engines.

In 1984, Dr. Rinolfi was nominated vice president for engine research and in 1987 transferred to series production the Croma 1.9 direct injection turbo diesel, the world’s first DI Diesel engine on a passenger car.

In 1993, under his management, Fiat Research Center and Magneti Marelli completed the development of the “Unijet” diesel fuel injection system which today, under the name of common rail, represents the state-of-the-art technology applied in almost all diesel engines. Soon after that, in 1997, Fiat in collaboration with Bosch, put into series production the Alfa Romeo 156 1.9 JTD, the world’s first vehicle with a common rail diesel engine.

In the following years, Dr. Rinolfi and his staff pursued the further development of the, still young, common rail technology which led to the introduction of the multiple injections concept and to the development of the world’s smallest direct injection diesel engine for passenger cars, the Fiat 1.3 Multijet.

In 2002, Dr. Rinolfi was awarded the Economist Innovation Prize in the field of energy and environment, as recognition of the industrial and economical impact of his research and development work.

Quote:
As I said both my turbo FPT cars don't get close to quoted figures.

I do have an Alfa 3.2l V6 making 191kw that drinks combined 15l/100km.. It's worth it tho.. That Alfa V6 roars like no other..
I don't know what your driving habits are but if you are doing 15l/100 km in your 1485 kg (with 68 kg driver and 7 kg luggage) Alfa 156 GTA, for sure you'll be doing significantly less with your ~1000 kg (same conditions) downsize engined Alfa 4C and since you will be one of the first ones to take delivery it would be very nice if you could tell us here what the consumption will be.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #352
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

BTW...

Appreciate 0