BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Bmw Australia Cut Price In 1 Series

08-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #199
HHawker
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Sat down with my dealer for one last attempt at a deal here in Perth last Wednesday. After a bit of back and forth, and with some numbers run by the Dealer Principle, we both concluded that we were never going to meet on price.

I've decided to give the M135i one last crack before I lock in the A45, so would love to hear from anyone in NSW who can recommend a good dealer who is willing to move on price.

I'm going to have some time to spare in Sydney in early December so, if I can locate a car for the right price, timing should be almost perfect to take delivery of an M135i and pop it on a train back to WA.

Thanks in advance fellas.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #200
pacoluca
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport

Its hard to negotiate price since they revised the price with all the extra goodies thrown in as standard from July. They think they have more competitive advantage than other car makers now and quicker delivery than a45. So they think we don't have much bargin power. Have u tried other dealerships in WA?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #201
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G82 ///M4 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoluca View Post
Its hard to negotiate price since they revised the price with all the extra goodies thrown in as standard from July. They think they have more competitive advantage than other car makers now and quicker delivery than a45. So they think we don't have much bargin power. Have u tried other dealerships in WA?
There is only two dealers in WA...but they are owned by the same guy...not a very competitive market...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #202
HHawker
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

As mentioned by DECVING, unfortunately there's ultimately no competition between the two BMW dealers here in Perth.

A big thanks to jacco_Z for his PM. I tried to reply, but got an error advising you weren't receiving PMs!

Will let you all know if I finally strike a deal!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #203
kook
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 M3

Hey HHawker, would love to know if the info Jacco passed on is share-able? If there's any tips about striking any deals, I'm all ears. I'm in this "1" dealership town as well looking for an M135i also...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #204
kook
Private
Australia
Rep

I've been looking at a few CarSales ads for 2nd hand/demo M135i's and 125i hatches (actually I'm not sure the M135i is financially workable for me anymore, around $55K all inclusive is really probably my limit). Lets say a car is $60K on CarSales, what do people think is a reasonable discount "offer" without getting laughed off by a dealer. 10% below advertised price? A little more? Less? I'm a fair dinkum useless negotiator...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #205
adamw99
Registered
Rep
Drives: IS350

kook, my M135i is the cheapest on carsales but its a manual.
If you're interested in a manual, you might be able to negotiate something closer to your budget if interested - price is negotiable. Estoril blue with oyster interior
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #206
kook
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey Adam, thanks for the offer, trust me I would jump at that chance to make an offer, but I'm after an auto with the M Adaptive, even in the 125i. Greatly appreciated anyway.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #207
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw99 View Post
kook, my M135i is the cheapest on carsales but its a manual.
If you're interested in a manual, you might be able to negotiate something closer to your budget if interested - price is negotiable. Estoril blue with oyster interior
Nice exterior and interior colour combination (same as what I have on order)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:01 AM   #208
he3at
Rep
Drives: M135i

I've recently ordered my M135i. I'm in Melbourne. Cost options included metallic, sunroof, adaptive M, comfort pack, premium sound pack.

Could just be dealer theatrics, but my dealer mentioned he was making a loss on this car.

If anyone wants, PM me your desired spec and price, and I'll see what he can do.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #209
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by he3at View Post
I've recently ordered my M135i. I'm in Melbourne. Cost options included metallic, sunroof, adaptive M, comfort pack, premium sound pack.

Could just be dealer theatrics, but my dealer mentioned he was making a loss on this car.

If anyone wants, PM me your desired spec and price, and I'll see what he can do.

Did he suggest also that he wanted to lose even more money?
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #210
kook
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Could just be dealer theatrics, but my dealer mentioned he was making a loss on this car..
What price did you get?? Its okay to post prices, plenty have been posted before.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #211
scoobyrex
Registered
Rep
Drives: Golf GTI

Quote:

Did you do better than your initial 8% to 9% discount?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #212
Uqeus
Registered
Rep
Drives: Looking

I am beginning the buying process of a new M135i. I am after a post july build base model in white. WHat pricing on road have people been getting from BMW that I can base my negotiations on?

Cheers in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #213
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Has anybody had difficulties getting the internet browser working in the car? I've had hot spot turned on, car connects to the phone but whenever I try to load a webpage it has the loading symbol for a while, then says that the page cannot be displayed. Any advice??
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #214
spamund
Rep
Drives: M135i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow29
Has anybody had difficulties getting the internet browser working in the car? I've had hot spot turned on, car connects to the phone but whenever I try to load a webpage it has the loading symbol for a while, then says that the page cannot be displayed. Any advice??
You'll just need to update the software. Whilst the Connected Drive menu, hit Option button in the iDrive control cluster, and choose software update. Make sure your mobile is connected via Bluetooth with data transferring enabled. Also make sure your mobile's Internet tethering is on. After the software is updated, the Internet menu should appear in the Connected Drive area. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #215
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow29
You'll just need to update the software. Whilst the Connected Drive menu, hit Option button in the iDrive control cluster, and choose software update. Make sure your mobile is connected via Bluetooth with data transferring enabled. Also make sure your mobile's Internet tethering is on. After the software is updated, the Internet menu should appear in the Connected Drive area. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply mate.

Unfortunately I'd already done that and already have the internet menu available. It's when I click into Internet and the browser launches, I've never been able to have a website load, it always comes up with an error about the page not being able to be displayed. The idrive shows the data transfer icon and it has the loading symbol for a while but always ends in an error.

Maybe ill ask the dealer next time I'm in there. Not like it's something urgent, I won't use internet in the car very often, but would like to have it working at least
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #216
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

How did you get access to it? Mine doesn't have it in the selection list? Thinking I should if you do given our cars are as close to brothers as possible!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #217
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING
How did you get access to it? Mine doesn't have it in the selection list? Thinking I should if you do given our cars are as close to brothers as possible!
If you follow spamunds instructions it should unlock the internet option. Have to click option and update with your phone hotspot and Bluetooth on. Make sure in the Bluetooth pairing options you have data transfer on.

I still can't get the browser to work. Quite frustrating haha. Always comes up with this "no mobile network connection or server not responding." Car connects to phones hotspot and the internet icon shows data transfer active as per the onboard manual.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #218
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Got the same issue....I think its something to do with my iPhone and the need for the car to have the hot spot password but there is no where to enter this.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #219
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

That makes sense.

In a nice surprise, received my welcome pack from BMW the other day and it included a complimentary voucher for the BMW intensive driving experience ($1,395). Pretty happy with that!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #220
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post
That makes sense.

In a nice surprise, received my welcome pack from BMW the other day and it included a complimentary voucher for the BMW intensive driving experience ($1,395). Pretty happy with that!
Very nice surprise - I managed to score a half price version some time back, and it's a good fun day. If you've done much driver training and track work, the M-Dynamic is to my mind even better value (well, not if Intensive is free of course) as we were let much more off the leash and had plenty of M3 wheel time.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0