BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How would I recoup my money for services unrendered? (Legal)

04-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
hhkim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
How would I recoup my money for services unrendered? (Legal)

Hi all,

I just wanted to get a general idea about how to recoup money that I paid for my brother to get tutored but now that franchise is out of business.

The organization is C2 education (c2educate.com) and they have a lot of franchises on the east coast. Recently, I paid around $1500 for a few months of tutoring for my brother. However, since then, the specific franchise closed in Maryland without any notice and the phone is disconnected. I have tried contacting their corporate office in Duluth, GA but they are ignoring my phone calls and when I do make contact, they say that it is not their responsibility to give back the money because each franchise is independently owned.

Is there any way that I can legally get them to return the money to me for services unrendered?

I've already thought about a negative PR campaign (local newspaper, BBB complaint, Consumerist, etc) but I don't think they'll get the idea since it is a relatively small organization.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
      04-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
BigGuyM3
BBM Pin# 295E3EA9
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

hey

Hopefully you used your credit card to pay for it, if yes you can call them to report a fruad charge and they will help you get your money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhkim View Post
Hi all,

I just wanted to get a general idea about how to recoup money that I paid for my brother to get tutored but now that franchise is out of business.

The organization is C2 education (c2educate.com) and they have a lot of franchises on the east coast. Recently, I paid around $1500 for a few months of tutoring for my brother. However, since then, the specific franchise closed in Maryland without any notice and the phone is disconnected. I have tried contacting their corporate office in Duluth, GA but they are ignoring my phone calls and when I do make contact, they say that it is not their responsibility to give back the money because each franchise is independently owned.

Is there any way that I can legally get them to return the money to me for services unrendered?

I've already thought about a negative PR campaign (local newspaper, BBB complaint, Consumerist, etc) but I don't think they'll get the idea since it is a relatively small organization.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks