Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M140i

drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes in a BMW M140i

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys...
I'm reading and following these forums for about three years now. When the 1 series facelift came out in 2015 and it fixed the main concern I had with the design, the head and tail lights, I knew that soon I wanted to get myself a 6 cylinder 1 series - the M135i.m By the time I was ready, in 2017, it turned out the it would be the M140i.

For me, driving was never about those 0-100 times and too much horsepower, more about the freedom of driving. That's also why I loved seeing those EU delivery posts, with detailed pictures and roadtrips, along with the roadtrips the 1 series guys did over the years. Because cars need to be driven, and through beautiful landscapes and great passes, and that's what you guys do here.

I don't live right next to the alps, unfortunately, if I want to go for a drive for the drives sake, I need to look elsewhere. Around Frankfurt, Germany, we have a few beautiful landscapes, and in order to find the drive that is worth the free time, one doesn't have too look far. Though, it still needs some looking around the find a beautiful drive.

And that's why I decided, instead of longing for others to post more pictures of their roadtrips (don't get me wrong, I still do that), I wanted to give something back. To find more of those roads, even if they are small. And document them, maybe tell how driving them feels. Share them with you.

That's why I started drivescape, a blog showing which roads I discover and drive, and basically make others want them to drive too. And to give back to those that inspired me.

So maybe, if you're curios now, head over to www.drivescape.de (it's both in english and german). I'm doing the writing (it's not much, it's actually about the pictures ), the droning and my girlfriend does the earth-based photography.

New posts will appear every three weeks, as long as I can free up time, the next will be more local, until I can return to the alps in summer. I'm not sure what to do in winter... maybe there will be some kind of hiatus, or some winter special edition. But I will see onceI get there.

Please, have a look, and tell me what you think!

cheers,
David

http://www.drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes (mostly with a BMW M140i)
Appreciate 17
ando2000.50
Al1969530.50
rr006rbc1204.00
JustChris17483.00
ABPReader215.00
Wozich77.50
kj71109188.50
Niko ZV118.00
Tuscan224.50
Vervain397.50
1FUNCAR20.50