View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #42
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
+1, that was with track tires on the CSL. I think driving in the video is impressive and don't think that can be bettered too much, he seems to know the track like his own backyard. Traffic is also very minimal there, I did not see any time he lost due to traffic, maybe a second

This is an impressive car, performing beyond its weight but there are no factual base to make guesses that it should be doing better than a E92 M3 with Competition Package or a 1M. Getting very close to those is respectable enough and with a few mods it can post better numbers than a stock 1M or M3 for instance, what's to complain, that it is not a sub 8 minutes car on Nurburgring?!

Also it needs to be kept in mind that M135i comes with Michelin Pilot Super Sports which perform way better than most if not all street tires, especially so vs. PS2s that was used for M3s and for 1M. I personally know what kind of a difference PSS can make especially on less than perfect surfaces. Apples to apples, same tires same driver same day on the same track a M135i does not have the artillery to post better lap times than a E92 M3 or a 1M, but I think it is comparable to E46 M3 or Z4 and Z3 M Coupes which are all among the greatest BMWs in my book. This is how I see it.
E9X M3 has sport cup tires standard here in Europe.
Appreciate 0