View Single Post
      11-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
jaiden3301
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
100% sure huh? I don't think so. The car is registered to you, not BMW. Why would your vehicle registration be done by BMW?

100% sure .... that BMW "may" have mailed you a copy..... And it's not "his" records. It's the state motor vehicle records that show.... you didn't register your car. Don't you have stickers on your plates or windshield?

My thoughts are that you should remember if you registered your car 5 months ago. Also that you should set up a file system where you keep ALL your vehicle information - and receipts.

Mostly just yankin' your chain but, seriously, it isn't anyone else's responsibility to register your car and make sure you have your registration and insurance proof in your car all the time. Doesn't NJ have registration stickers on the car? Hope the ticket wasn't for something too expensive.
You are correct I needed to have a copy of the registration in the car. I showed my insurance card on the Geico app but I did not have the copy of the current registration in the car (two older copies were there). With the amount of junk mail we receive its a mistake that I may have misplaced the original reg. sticker.
Appreciate 1