01-06-2015, 03:10 PM   #26
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
I don't think tyres are the issue, it came with Pirelli and around 5 months ago they all needed changing and was given Michelin as replacements, didn't make a blind bit of difference, that saying they are all run flat tyres so maybe that's the common fault.
According to my personal tyre preference, run flats are definitely a fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
I have never found the BM stable in any type of weather since new, and the amount of times the back end has twitched in not so tight bends is untrue. When I got the car my first ever bmw I was looking forward to driving it, but I just don't get the hype over the car, it's ok just not ginning factor, in fact I had more fun in my Focus many years back.
That is interesting. Our F20 is super stable, and very hard to bring out of balance. Even including two complete ice track weekends with DSC Off, the car still hasn't swapped ends yet. I find that the car inspires confidence with its sure footed and predictable handling, particularly over bumps and in slippery conditions.

As for the Focus, it is a lighter car, and fun is often inversely proportional to the vehicle weight.
Appreciate 0