View Single Post
      01-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #186
flyaway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: entry level M car,nothing more

This is for me the LCI “evolution” of the M135i: the front end developed some kind of rictus, becoming the same with all the other models in the BMW line. Meanwhile, the lower lateral vents lost the middle line and became larger and more accentuated by the grey plastic all around, only to show other large panels of black non functional (except a little space for the intercooler on the right one) plastic. Oh, looking more carefully it does seem to have some utility, one of the parking sensors is now in that vent, black plastic of course, I guess it should be cheaper then painted. More interesting, in the real photo I don’t see anymore the two brake air ducts present on any M-sport kit and of course on the M135i, at least until know… if it’s true, BMW is really sticking to its (very bad) course of lowering costs and selling image and badges for the masses.

The back I find it a good match between a Korean car and a trendy (and totally useless) compact SUV… it perfectly “suits” the specific model and the same direction of the ultimate marketing machine, doing very well the transition to the “real thing”, the era of SUVs and mini vans of the future FWD 1 series.

Maybe I’m a little harsh and subjective, but I really don’t like the direction in which BMW is heading with its models, I really do hope the M2 will bring some fresh air in this context, other way, I think our ways won’t cross again soon…
Attached Images

Last edited by flyaway; 01-26-2015 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0