Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
Surprised I haven't seen more posts here regarding this...

Yeah, the infrastructure and charging methods may be lacking for EVs currently but I can guarantee if the demand is there, it will be figured out. EVs are practical in their own way. So are ICEs, in theirs.

But I don't buy 'practical'. I want something I enjoy driving because I love to drive. And yeah, I've been in the Teslas. I know they are quick, and handle well. But they are completely devoid of any driving character. The fact that there's an option for the thing to drive itself says it all. It wasn't designed with those who love the art of driving in mind.

I want sound. I want gears. I want that mechanical feedback when I'm pushing it hard through a mountain pass. Hell, I even want it when I'm picking my daughter up from school. Riding along with the cruise control set on the interstate on long trips is about the only scenario I can think of where I really wouldn't care. But long trips aren't really the shining point of EVs.

If practicality and logistical concerns are the only issues, you could probably argue in circles between ICEs and EVs and come up with no clear winner. But until they can come up with an EV that actually feels like driving something real, I'm holding out as long as I possibly can.
When the government starts outright banning vehicles, the already incredibly small demographic of enthusiast car buyers will be even less relevant to car manufacturers.
Appreciate 0