View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 02:35 AM   #6
alecsei
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcefireX View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did not update the thread after I fixed the problem, since there were no replies.
In a nutshell , I also replace the pressure sensor and replaced the oil. Than the error was only showing after I run ISTA check, but on the iDrive there were no more notifications. Part of the solution (at the time) was that the guys that changed my oil overfilled it with a 100-200 ml. Which I assume created more oil pressure within the system.
At the end, I've replaced the entire oil pump assembly (pump, pressure valve, chain) and that irradiated the issue completely. Most likely (unfortunately) that might be the problem. I was told that that's a common problem on Mini.

Best of luck to u!
Ok, so you changed the oil pump and that solved it for you, right?

Well, for my case I really don't think it's the oil pump. I've already driven the car around 7,000km with the low oil pressure error coming on and off sporadically. I assume if there was even a slight problem, the engine would have been harshly broken by now.

So, I really hope I get my issue fixed with the software update, because otherwise, I may be changing the oil pump too .
Appreciate 0