View Single Post
      07-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #3
alecsei
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i 2012

Hi, I have the exact same issue with my F20 116i 2012 (also N13), which I purchased a year ago. The low pressure errors gets thrown quite arbitrarily, but I've noticed it's mostly on a warm engine, when I stop and turn it off for 5-10 minutes and then drive away, normally I get the error. But then when I turn the car off and on again, it's gone.

When I purchased it and got the error, I did an oil & filter change, replaced the pressure sensor with an original one, put an oil additive (Bardahl's full metal) and it was all cool for around 2k km until the error started popping up again. Now, last week I changed my oil and filter again, put the same oil additive, but started getting the error on the next day. So I drove back to the BMW dealership, and they gave me an export from their system/diagnostics, which showed the error isn't due to a mechanical problem, but due to a software problem. So, they advised me to perform a software update of the car in their service and most likely (fingers crossed ��) the error will be gone. They told me my software is from 2014, so this issue is highly likely to be resolved in the later software versions. I have an appointment for the update due in 2 weeks, so I'll update you whether that has solved it for me.
Appreciate 1