View Single Post
      03-17-2022, 07:19 AM   #12719
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

I cant judge too much for being concerned about a mismatch in wages, it created a bit of an issue with the previous relationship because I was basically the caretaker (she was employed but made a fraction of what I did).

Given now everyone is equals it can create tension if its not handled right. We would get into spats about spending money I saw as wasteful, etc. Her response would be "well its MY money being wasted" but then Id look around at the house, cars, travel budget, all the food, etc and see that it was MY money keeping the lights on so she could waste hers. I tried to get her on board with a common budget, agreed upon spending, etc but she just couldn't do it. Unless you are both on the SAME PAGE about it there are going to be problems.

To a lesser extent its a concern with the current girl Im dating too. Its closer though, if you include all the shit she expenses and whatnot her "income" is more like 60-70% of mine. But she has always maintained the same lifestyle so she doesnt have much in the way of a nest egg, which worries me. I worry we can end up in the same situation where she is like "we should buy the house we dont actually need, WE have the money." No, I saved all of that up for a reason: To die eating steak on the equator when Im 90, not in a cold apartment eating cat food.

The kids though, yeah. You need to decide for yourself STAT and stick with it, tell her your stance and if she lies to herself then thats on her. I have been finding a lot more women who at least say they are fine without kids.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50