CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Why is Instagram somehow more reputable than a dating site? Can't either be faked easily enough?

Yes it can be faked, so I don't really see Instagram as being more reputable. Maybe to show off? Obviously with more pictures the chances of it being faked are less, but it is still pretty easy to post pictures of someone/something taken from their facebook or their own instagram and post them to your fake account. There are also people who are very talented with photo editing.

I remember on another automotive forum I was a member of, a guy got called out because he linked a picture to his instagram, where other forum members spotted pictures of their vehicles and he was claiming they were his.

If anything, Snapchat is probably the most reputable, because it is usually instant (unless uploading a saved photo), so harder to fake. I have Facebook and snapchat, nothing else. My Facebook profile I'm never on, and it has a few professional photos on it. My company was recently hiring a new IT technician position with mostly younger candidates, and many of them clearly did not know potential employers will check out Facebook and Instagram accounts judging by the pictures many of these people had posted.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0