View Single Post
      01-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #3051
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
In my opinion, I like to see a guy have an Instagram account. It makes him more "legitimate", especially if it gives his real name. I am more likely to contact someone through Instagram than a dating site.
Why is Instagram somehow more reputable than a dating site? Can't either be faked easily enough? This coming from someone who doesn't use instagram of course...but I seem to recall it is easy enough to create an account and upload whatever you want to it. I may even have created an account, but if so, I have no idea what it is called or how to get into it.

I don't know...seems odd. Like Facebook. It is all fake and presents the best possible picture of you that you can, but doesn't expose the warts and what you actually struggle with on a daily basis. I see them all as the same, so it surprises me that girls give some sort of trust to Instagram accounts over all other forms of social media.

Seems to me that if there is some connection that they'd just want to get to know who you really are in real life...see the flaws as well so they know what they are really getting into. Rather than creep a guy on Instagram which only will present the best facets of him and will surely end in disappointment when the girl starts seeing all his flaws.

Vicious cycle though in a way, because then these flaws drive her back to Instagram to see all these other guys portraying themselves in the best light ever and she starts to believe she can do better, so she leaves current person, grabs another, and again starts to discover all the flaws. Meanwhile, years go by.

Sad really, maybe that's why the dating world is so rough out there (from what I hear from a buddy of mine anyways). Everyone is just thinking that what they see on social media is what they should expect in real life...and it just isn't so.

Same goes for guys of course - they are just as guilty of all of the above.

It just seems like we as society have changed (not for the better) with respect to relationships and we are the ones making ourselves unhappy because of our unrealistic expectations that social media gives us (which is generated by us...which means we are the problem). When do we change?
Appreciate 2