View Single Post
      02-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #5
fredrikboberg
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Hello!

Breaking rules has consequences. Don't teach your car to be bad: do you know it's computer has an artificial intelligence function that makes it watch your style and learn from it? Now that it's not ready for a legal drive and you have your license it takes a complete reset, like dumping the car and getting a new one.

That's an expensive battery it has! A dedicated starting device or emergency service should be quite cheaper. Furthermore, they say even the same specifications new battery needs coding to introduce it to the car's intelligent charging (seriously!), otherwise the lifespan of the battery will suffer.

My 2013 car issued a "weak battery" iDrive warning and disengaged cabin fan (among other functions they deem "unnecessary") so I could hardy get the windshield and very corners of the side windows (so I could see the mirrors ) defrosted for a battery charging drive after a few days of frosty parking.

Surely, it's quite natural for a failure. This is what makes it unexpected. Quite similar: https://f20.1addicts.com/forums/show...6#post27056776.

This never stopped my car from starting. I never had to look into the engine bay but it should take it seriously wet to get frozen stuck, condensation (in the engine bay) shouldn't be an issue, I believe.
Alright good to know!

It is has been REALLY wet, so even parts of the engine bay is covered in ice. I'll try to get it towed to a nearby garage and let it thaw to see if this resolves the issue, but just seems weird to me that it can't handle cold temps.

If thawing it doesn't help, do you have any recomendations as to what to do next? The issue seemingly has something to do with the starter, so is getting it to a workshop my best bet, or is it something that is possible to change by myself with a pair of helping hands? Saw some ridiculous qoutes to get it changed by BMW...:/
Appreciate 0