mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Upgraded Halogen Dipped Bulbs And Sidelights

Hi all!

So i'm fairly new to the 1 series area of this forum, not new too bmws though! So obviously you'll all agree that the f20 is a cracking motor but for those of us that didnt have pockets deep enough really wished we'd specced xenons because the halogens are really well.................shite!

I'm no stranger in researching and fitting xenon conversions and successfully converted my E90 m sport from halogen to genuine xenon headlights a good few years ago. I've also had an e46, X3 and megane sport that all came with factory xenons so know how much better they really are. I've also tried several different halogen bulb upgrades on other cars with stock halogens trying to get that close to xenon look and better light output!

I'm really against the hid/xenon kits that you can fit in place of the halogen bulbs for the fact they look really messy in the engine bay with wires and ballasts every where. More importantly how blindingly bright they are in the halogen reflector headlamps. They dont project properly and just literally piss light all over the place!!!!

So I think i've found the perfect upgrade and there from a uk supplier hids direct. The bulbs ive replaced so far are the dipped bulbs (h7) and the sidelights (h6w). Didnt want to do the drl's aswell untill i'd tried the sidelights for errors. The sidelight bulbs are led and a perfect match the led's around the car. Crisp white with a hint of blue. When you open the car at night its a massive improvement and all the under handle lights match the sidelights now.

The dipped bulbs are the closest match to xenon ive seen. The yellow has gone, the light is crisp white with also a hint of blue but they dont look boy racer or aftermarket. once they heat up they get even whiter! I had a 45 minute drive last night in the dark and the visibility has improved massively. I also wasnt flashed once so there not too bright for oncoming cars and importantly its a H7 bulb so a piece of piss to change. Both sidelights and dipped bulbs took me 10 minutes to change.

here is the link to the bulbs

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/categor...bs/super-white

And the led sidelights

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/canbus-...or-free-bulbs/

There are 100's of bulbs on the market claiming the xenon look but there either shite, cost a fortune or are really shite! For value for money and bang for your buck these are brilliant and im really happy!

Ive contacted the company again and they have the bulbs in stock in led for the drl bulbs too so they'll be getting ordered in the morning! Sack the yellow bulbs these led's and Headlight bulbs are miles better and I hope it helps a few of you guys. Please excuse the iphone pictures. There is a mixture of just the sidelights and sidelights with dipped beam

Name:  IMG_1203a.bmp
Views: 25710
Size:  918.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1204b.bmp
Views: 26360

Name:  IMG_1205c.bmp
Views: 25714

Name:  IMG_1206d.bmp
Views: 25418