View Single Post
      04-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiman View Post
You mean the iDrive display? I find it quite useful even without navigation. There's the various settings, contacts & messages, second trip computer, driver's guide, USB music with album art, tire pressures and temperatures, service history etc.. Most of which would be impossible without the display.
> You mean the iDrive display?

Yes I do.

> There's the various settings

I'm not interested to play with: I just recently noticed those service guys dared to change my sound settings (that's besides listening to my music/radio) half a year ago .

> contacts & messages

I am not very sociable.

> second trip computer

I don't think I need even the first one, really.

> driver's guide

They gave me a short one printed for the purpose but I favour the pdf one (from AusF20 here ) in my phone. No frequent need to look at anyway.

> USB music with album art

I don't store album art: it's redundant, IMHO. Technically it could be any pictures of interest, of course, but I guess I should look at the road while driving. By the way, the display quality fell quite far below my expectation: in videos it had looked much better.

> tire pressures

Not yet: there's no pressure detection in mine (rotation speed based warning only) and I'm happy about that (I want no failures).

> temperatures

The ambient temperature is on the dashboard (pictured above). What else temperature might I need measured/shown?

> service history

They gave me a printed version. It's quite some burden to take it to the service (besides the key).

> Most of which would be impossible without the display.

Basic parameters check is there in my "reduced" (no joystick, no screen) iDrive in the Business radio I like the convenience (and looks) of quite a lot.

I just appreciate those "simple things" (a reference to a song sung by Joe Cocker), in general.
Appreciate 0