View Single Post
      05-20-2021, 06:11 PM   #14
fubarian
upgrades. Upgrades, EVERYWHERE
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi, E63 M6, F25, M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
A Dinan badge is absolutely cool as hell, a great talking point and a certainly a status symbol of sorts.

They were a local company here in the bay area and I've met many people who know/knew Steve Dinan personally; a guy who does some side work on my cars owns one of Steve's personal e39's.
I had read they sold to Holley - which coming from a lot of the fords before I ended up in bmw's ... it's not a bad play.

That said, I recently missed out on a "me spec" (everything triple black) E24 M6 which really bummed me out and has put me on this stupidity string of upgrades, and this is AFTER I swapped a new motor into the damn thing. Today, I just finished putting on M4 rotors, pads, brake calipers on my e92 (thanks SeemsLegit, damn nice kit), plus a M3 brake booster (hey, the fluid was already drained so...) and this is immediately after I put in some koni yellows, dinan springs with the supplement stuff yesterday evening. Tada, easy insta-Dinan badge level. Ok, I had to buy the pedals to make 10. Sue me.

...there's another M6 that's a Dinan E24 (turbo) that I still might peruse. I have this crackhead idea of having all 3 M6s and I have ZERO interest in a museum piece, I want a car I can drive every so often and just enjoy.
2008 E63 ///M6
Appreciate 0