///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
If it was as easy as a repair problem then it should be easily fixed. But there's a group of us that have tried everything so what do you think we should do?
Link to a thread about these issues for the lazy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Having recently spent a weekend in a McLaren 570s I have new respect for BMW's dct. The 570 was terrible in stop and go traffic and the shifts were no faster or more satisfying than the M. It sucks that other people have issues but that seems more like a repair problem than an inherent issue with the transmission. I could not be happier with the dct and can't imagine how it could perform better. It spends 5 days a week in downtown traffic then gets abused in the mountains on the weekends. Never had a hiccup.
If it was as easy as a repair problem then it should be easily fixed. But there's a group of us that have tried everything so what do you think we should do? First the PPK was suggested as a fix. I did that. Still have issues. Then there was a software update identified by a SIB. I did that too. Still have issues. Since that software update, BMW hasn't released anything else to address the problem. I tried going to a Dinan S2 tune. That for the most part corrected the issues with the DCT with the A/C off. But with the A/C on, the problem still persists. Unless BMW is willing to bench test a DCT and swap it out for my lemon of a trans or find a car that doesn't act up and swap me for it, I don't see any other solution.
+1 for the link
Appreciate 0