08-26-2021, 09:01 AM   #5
Douggefreshvt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 BMW 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obather12 View Post
I have a pretty good Dsp premium hifi system that just needed more bass. I was ill-advised by a reputable vendor that an alpine ilx650 and kicker sub would be compatible and they weren't. Does anyone know of a proven way around this? I'm trying to prevent a complete system gut.
I was told yesterday at a car audio shop that to replace the head unit of the e39 with DSP there is only one option if you want "professional" quality and that is full rewire. HOWEVER, there are some brands out there that I have heard are plug and play like Dynavin and folks have posted good results.

Therefore, I think you could do BavSound speakers and the Dynavin head unit and not have to rewire. If you want a fancy deck like Alpine, Sony, etc…they are not compatible the the DSP wiring and amp.

I just bought a Grom Audio trunk unit to add Bluetooth functionality. It retains stock look (I have '01 without Nav) but allows full control with built in steering and radio buttons. We will see how it turns out. Theoretically you could add that and do BavSound for DSP and have upgraded speakers with Bluetooth functionality.