08-14-2021, 12:32 AM   #10703
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
It's early going. If I'm being brutally honest I don't think she is the future Mrs. Chihuahua. I know myself really, really well and of all of the women I've been involved with in my life I can honestly say there are only two I could picture myself with in rocking chairs at the old folks home. With those two I knew it right away, one of them was a love at first sight experience. If I'm not feeling it right away, she's not 'the one'. I could be wrong here, but I'm confident I'm not. It's just how I'm wired.

The new lady in my life is very, very cool. Down to earth, fun to be with, easy to talk to. The physical aspect of things is really, really good. We both share a passion for music, although she is into completely different genres than me; that is actually another area of concern. I can tell that we are very different in several ways. She likes to be out on the town almost every week. Once, maybe twice per week is enough for me. I'm pretty regimented. I'm a bit of an introvert and she is very, VERY extroverted. There's obviously the paying for dates thing that isn't that much of an issue now, but absolutely would become an issue further down the road. Again, I'm not projecting wedding bells in my future with her, but for right now it's exactly what I need in my life and my plan is to just enjoy it. The last three years of my life have been pretty tumultuous to say the least.

I appreciate all of the input. This definitely isn't something I'd cut bait over just yet, but I figured I'd post up to see if anyone else has any advice on how to tactfully approach this. I of course could be blunt and say 'hey can you grab this one?', but I'm not sure if that's the right approach. It definitely doesn't feel right to me, and I like to stay true to myself and do what I think is right.
Opposites attract. At least that's what they say and its true for me. My gf and I are the same when it comes to sense of humor, life goals, opinionated views, etc, but we are polar opposites on things like music, being introverted/extroverted, clothing styles, and others. I used to walk away from anyone who didn't share the exact same interests and lifestyle as myself and it was increasingly difficult to find what I thought I wanted, but I gave it a chance this time and it's been the best relationship I've had, but that comes down to finding balance.

Regarding the paying for meals and such, I don't know that I would think much of it unless it gets to the point that she is expecting you to pay for literally everything all the time. I was raised old school where the man always pays for dates, and I know a lot of gals that were raised the same way.

You said you've been seeing her for a couple months and have been out about 10 times, do you do anything together besides going out? Does she pay for things outside of meals? Like stopping at a gas station for beverages or snacks or something like that?
Appreciate 0