Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I was right when I told pickle to run correct? Even if she just faked offering to pay I would feel different about this post.
eh... don't hold your breath on this

tomorrow is my 1yr anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
It's early going. If I'm being brutally honest I don't think she is the future Mrs. Chihuahua. I know myself really, really well and of all of the women I've been involved with in my life I can honestly say there are only two I could picture myself with in rocking chairs at the old folks home. With those two I knew it right away, one of them was a love at first sight experience. If I'm not feeling it right away, she's not 'the one'. I could be wrong here, but I'm confident I'm not. It's just how I'm wired.

The new lady in my life is very, very cool. Down to earth, fun to be with, easy to talk to. The physical aspect of things is really, really good. We both share a passion for music, although she is into completely different genres than me; that is actually another area of concern. I can tell that we are very different in several ways. She likes to be out on the town almost every week. Once, maybe twice per week is enough for me. I'm pretty regimented. I'm a bit of an introvert and she is very, VERY extroverted. There's obviously the paying for dates thing that isn't that much of an issue now, but absolutely would become an issue further down the road. Again, I'm not projecting wedding bells in my future with her, but for right now it's exactly what I need in my life and my plan is to just enjoy it. The last three years of my life have been pretty tumultuous to say the least.

I appreciate all of the input. This definitely isn't something I'd cut bait over just yet, but I figured I'd post up to see if anyone else has any advice on how to tactfully approach this. I of course could be blunt and say 'hey can you grab this one?', but I'm not sure if that's the right approach. It definitely doesn't feel right to me, and I like to stay true to myself and do what I think is right.
How soon do you think you need to find the next Mrs. Chihuahua? You can just be blunt and set boundaries - I told my gf way back when I'd cover dates but anything else we'd split and she was ok with it. If your girl isn't ok about it (or worse, makes some snarky comment about how men should pay etc), then I think you know what to do. Benefit of the doubt basically, it literally might be a southern thing. I don't think being blunt is tactless, so long as you don't go "hey im tired of paying for your shit too".

An advisor in college once told me "idiot before malice". That southern thing might be true and she might just be unaware you're not fond of this situation.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00