Thread: Xbox 360 wheel
View Single Post
      03-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #22
Bubbarossa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

I'm not sure i'd really say that WoW is a RPG. If you want a RPG, play Neverwinter Nights 2, or even go back to Diablo, and even those games, the idea is to level, create a stronger character, and get the next great weapon. When Bioware came out with Baldur's Gate the idea was to level, right, but to also immerse you in the story. WoW just isn't that type of game; Warcraft 1, 2, or 3 have never been that way, and i don't believe Blizzard is trying to head in that direction. WoW has given me a game that i know lacks depth in making your character more personal, but picks it up by creating such a huge environment and giving players many facets to choose in which a person can solo, group, raid, pvp minigames, and create. The expansion has moved away from the 40-man raids, which in my opinion, were a little much. I didn't mind going and killing Onyxia (pretty quick and a fun event), but spending 6 hours in Molten Core and Naxx got very old. Blizzard has gone back to the smaller group quests and instances which in my opinion was where the fun was at, instead of waiting and hoping your 40+ guild members show up!

Look at the "few" games Blizzard has created....top notch. They will create another Diablo someday or a FPS starcraft...but WoW is where it's at now, and they are going to make sure that another company doesn't get in the way. With 2.4 millions in sales of the Burning Crusade the first day, Blizzard is doing something right.....it's called entertainment.
Appreciate 0