View Single Post
      03-21-2023, 07:20 PM   #17
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
47. I got into BMW when the current 5 series was the E34, so I definitely have an appreciation for the 'older' generations of BMW (hell, I have one). I've never understood the fascination with the E39. It looks decent in wagon and M5 forms, other than that it's bulbous; it looks like a bloated turtle to me and it's really, REALLY showing its age now. I don't think they drive that well either, especially the V8 cars. I had an E60, and in my opinion it was superior to the E39 in every way imaginable (even looks). I'd rather have an E46. Just my $.02 obviously.
Ok that is fair. But you are among the few because both E46 and E39 are universally loved because of how beautiful they are and how they are so similar in exterior design. E60 was a huge step down that disappointed a lot of people but it has aged well. With every generation cars become "better" aka more comfortable and luxurious but I don't think E39 looks dated on the exterior or interior. To me its a perfect design. E60 interior on the other hand is terrible. Just compare the steering wheels and door cards.
Appreciate 0