View Single Post
      12-12-2019, 12:19 AM   #64
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Really? I'd say 95% of my clientele have iPhones. Must be a location thing.
Its an income and location thing.
I work as an android dev, at a streaming company. Where I work I'd guess out of our employees maybe 15% android if that, mostly in the engineering teams. Hollywood for one is very very ios centric. Ask me to name one famous person who uses android and I can think of 1 person. Donald Trump.

That said the US is probably 50/50 android users. More android phones actually get sold, but iphones tend to get used longer (i think this is mostly the lower income people buying used iphones / using a phone for 5-6 years etc). If its not 50/50 its very close. Strangely enough in europe its maybe 70% android, yet BMW didn't support it until now (i think its near 70% in germany)

That said, apple stuff in general is expensive and the demographics skews much higher income, and in the "i drive a bmw or porsche" set. Its got to be easily 85% in the US. I previously worked at a different streaming company that was all free advertising supported streams, and ..in the free tier ad supported world.... 75% android users in the US. Believe me they aren't buying new bmws with idrive 7. they are barely buying $100 cellphones and they are the cashiers and retail sales people around you.
Appreciate 2
clee1982797.50
Game7378.50