View Single Post
      03-04-2023, 04:29 AM   #50
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

ok, so a quick update on my thoughts so far...

I picked up the M3P about 3 weeks ago and couldn't stop driving it...that combined with some rainy weather the last couple weeks, I didn't drive the 718 at all....

The other day, the weather finally cleared up and I decided to take the Porsche out of the garage and stretch her legs after three week hibernation after getting back from a car wash with the M3P.

As I was pulling out of the neighborhood and instantly thought WTF?
I swear to god I thought maybe the floor mat was stuck behind the gas pedal and was blocking the accelerator ... but I checked it and it was fine.
My Cayman was never a speed demon, it's built more for handling the twisties, but holy hell I swear I thought something is wrong with it....but now I know what it was...three weeks of driving the M3P has completely ruined my senses of what gas cars feel like......WoW!!!

It's hard to explain, but that instant acceleration is just unreal...I literally thought something was wrong with Porsche with how unresponsive it was compared to the Tesla...

Don't get me wrong, I still love the 718 and its glorious manual transmission and the crackle of the exhaust coming off the throttle , but my god it's not even in the same universe when it comes to the go juice of the M3P.

but at least she looks good going so slow

The free charging at my work combined with the pennies on the dollar home charging is just a bonus....this car is frickin amazing and it's not just the
0-60 either, it handles very well with its AWD and low CG...it is no wonder that these are are faster around a track than a lot of really good sports cars.
I would encourage anyone hating on these cars to just go drive one...it will change your mind faster than its 0-60 time

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 03-04-2023 at 04:54 AM..
Appreciate 4