View Single Post
      07-13-2022, 08:14 PM   #78
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Weird. I've driven multiple brake setups on track and never had a problem bedding them on the street.

They way to properly bed them puts way more heat into them than an average lap around a track.

Find a backroad, do multiple 80-5 mph stops until the brakes stink and the pedal gets soft. Let them cool completely, quick bleed, good to go.
Unless your backroad has an 80 mph speed limit (Montana? maybe), this isn't what I call "street" bedding.

I can't disagree with you that your procedure is "properly bed", but that's also "proper in the pokey with losing your license and maybe having your car impounded". You've obviously done this before, and I've TRIED to do this on the street, but I can never find a truly safe place to do it - it's either too dangerous for me, the car, the wildlife, or other people. Maybe you live someplace easier to do this.

I usually have to finish my high speed bedding for my brakes on the track. I've just gotten used to it.

But I'll bet a guy who put DOT 3 brake fluid in his system didn't do ANYTHING close to what you did.

Shawn
Appreciate 0