View Single Post
      05-14-2022, 05:11 AM   #26
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

On a side note I thought the ground effects on this rc car was really cool:

- The tunnel itself was probably not designed very well and defintely not in cfd so the results weren't super extraordinary but it was very cool.

To improve I thought this could be done:

1) Model the design so it produces optimal downforce levels with the air flow expected at the speeds the car would drive, not the air flow from the leaf blower which could exceed the speed of the air flow when the car was driving.

2) try to make the tunnel hug the bottom of the car more so there is more volume in the tunnels, this will allow more freedom in design.

3) Make it so the car doesn't bottom out so much that it is riding on the tunnels instead of the tires.

4) Front wing might be too low and reduces air to the tunnel. Intakes to the tunnel could be larger too.

5) diffuser could be even bigger and extend further backwards to faciliate the smoother integration of air to boost the efficency of the tunnel.

Overall really cool car and I would love to have one of these to mess around with, too bad I don't have a vaccum former.