View Single Post
      06-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #64
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

4 months later, GM finally authorized a full engine replacement.

Penny wise, pound foolish. Had they just simply authorized an engine replacement in the FIRST PLACE, car would be back in my hands within 30 days (or just a hair over 30 days) and I wouldn't bother pursuing lemon law if it's 4-5 weeks, as all this COVID stuff makes a delay inevitable.

But 4 months later, they spent all that money to get the engine torn down, plus tech time, plus hassle on my part, reassemble with 2 new pistons, new crankshaft, and new bearings, ONLY to eventually have to replace the engine ANYWAY. I love to know what the thinking process is from the dish*t who thought this would save anyone time and money, instead of just dropping off a new crate engine on a 5,000 mile car.

Any other manufacturer, IMO, would take one look a the request and work order and authorized an engine replacement up front. Only GM I suppose. Make me not feel very warm and fuzzy about the new mid engine C8, especially when it comes to issues with that car needing ANY sort of major repair on the transmission, transaxle, and anything involving the engine.

If they can't fix a simple front engine layout and took 4 month to disassemble the engine and put it back...imagine the amount of mental gymnastics that'll be required from your average dealership tech to deal with a cramped, compact space in a rear engine layout with a V-8 and a transaxle shoved into it.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 2
wdb4721.50